24. Bones breaking left and right

I squeezed my eyes as the light hit my face when someone jerked open the curtains. I turned around to see what time it was and groaned, burying my face in my pillow. Someone pulled the blanket from me and other footsteps could be heard throughout my room. I looked up, certain my hair looked like a mess, to see multiple maids hurrying through the room and closet, picking out a dress and placing bags of make up on the dresser.

"Rise and shine." Haimon's head peaked around the door, making every maid curtsy.

Rubbing my temples, I sighed. "Why the fuzz at six in the morning?"

"Like I said you're my muse this week, accompanying me to my work and every formal occasion."

A maid pulled me from my bed, sat me down in a chair, and started to do my hair while another worked on my make-up. I pursed my lips. "Is there any way I can work out before I go with you to those occasions? Helps control the temper you know."

"Don't be silly, we don't work out here. Except for the warriors of course." He chuckled.

I was going to explode this week.

I raised my eyebrow. "How come you guys are all extremely fit then?"

"Genetics, beautiful." He winked.

"I don't have those genetics though, I need those workouts." I said blankly, not being able to look at him as the maids were holding my head.

"It's out of the question." He frowned, crossing his arms.

"Your funeral." I shrugged and the maids gasped in response.

I was off to an incredibly great start today, people loved me already.

He turned around as the maids hoisted me into a dark red sparkling gown, long enough to make it flow far behind me. They made me step into a matching pair of high heels, as another maid placed diamond jewelry around my arms and necks. When I looked into the mirror, they had done an incredible job and the dress looked stunning on me, but I barely recognized myself. I had a full face of make-up and my long hair was curled to perfection and extremely voluminous. I felt annoyed and uncomfortable, barely being able to move, or breath for that matter.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, hoping this wouldn't be a daily ritual.

"Breakfast, dear." A maid whispered.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes, sighing. 

If I had to wear this for breakfast, then what kind of over the top shit show was dinner going to be like?

I followed him out of my room, through the castle where many portraits of him were displayed on the walls. Eventually we arrived in the dining hall for breakfast, my eyes fell upon the table which was very long and had different kinds of food on it. The vampires didn't need anything other than blood, so they ate regular food for fun. There were five chairs in total positioned at the table, two at either head, the rest at the sides. 

Haimon motioned me to sit at one of the heads of the table, while he sat down at the other. A maid grabbed my plate and began to place different kinds of gross food on it, food I didn't feel like eating right now. My father, who was wearing an expensive suit, was escorted into the room and snorted immediately upon seeing me, secretly taking a picture to never let me forget I looked like a doll.

He sat down as well, shaking his head while he suppressed a laugh. My eyes fell upon a waiter, who held a tray with a large glass on it. The glass was filled to the brim with a thick red substance. 

It was blood.

He put it down in front of Haimon and bowed before he turned around and left. Tilting my head slightly, I couldn't take my eyes of it and I didn't understand why. For some reason, I knew it wasn't animal blood, but human blood instead, and I narrowed my eyes, wondering where it came from. I hadn't felt the presence of any other human besides my father and I yet, which gave me an eerie feeling.