57. The conclusion

Soldiers waited outside of the plane, forming two straight lines to the car. The evening had just begun but it had been dark outside for a while now. Rain clattered against the window of the plane, and if one didn't know any better they would've thought winter was approaching instead of summer. 

Haimon was getting out of his own plane and took a seat in one of the cars. Watching it disappear in the distance, I stood up and got out of my plane as well, ignoring Valerio's confused gaze. Just like the flight, the car ride was deadly silent. I simply stared ahead, preventing my anger from getting the better of me, focused on what had to be done.

Everything was about to change.

When the car came to a stop in front of the palace and the door was opened, an even longer line of soldiers kept watch, probably stationed there by the generals' command. As I walked past them to the front doors, they saluted me. Mr. Anders nodded to me with a smile on the way to the war room, and with every passing step time seemed to stand still. I needed to get this right, no matter the cost. 

What was made of silver and black stone would be broken, weapons of destruction would be no more, and the hatred of those who stood divided would either unite or destroy. Something was about to happen, that should've happened a long time ago.

The doors to the war room where opened as I stood before them, revealing the generals and Haimon standing in silence, glaring at one another. Valerio joined them, and I made my way inside, folding my hands behind my back. The guards closed the doors behind me and with a subtle movement of my finger, I locked them unnoticed and made my way to the window on the right to look out of it.

"What's the meaning of this meeting, Iola? You've got us all out of bed." Foxglove asked grumpily.

Every single person in the room was searching in the dark, completely unaware of what I knew. Mr. Anders might have been a spy, but in the end he worked for me and he hadn't told them a single thing about this. It was up to me to reveal it, but first things first.

"That's Your Majesty for you." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Since when do you care about titles?" He wondered, frowning.

"I care about it today." I stated blankly.

"Seriously, why are we here?" Haimon asked confused.

"Take a seat, fellas. You're going to be here for a while, and one or more of you will never leave, because I made my choice." I commanded, still standing, my back turned to them, continuing to watch them through the reflection of the window.

Hemlock bumped his wrinkled fist on the table. "Well, get one with it, girl. Which kingdom are you going to annihilate?"

"Hold up, you're going to annihilate a kingdom? Why weren't we informed about any of this?!" Valerio exclaimed, slamming his hands on the table, causing the others to stand up and start yelling as well.

And so, the final bickering began. 

And as they scolded each other, I let my senses spread through the three kingdoms, locking on various targets, which would fall in ruin. 

I watched the men go on and on against each other and I thought. If I wanted to, I could burn it all down, put everyone underground, make the stars fall from the sky and make the heavens cry. It wouldn't be hard at all, but my plans were slightly different.

"Stop it." My voice sounded calmly and venomously over the others, causing them to stop immediately.

Shaking my head in a serpent like matter, I scoffed, turning around, keeping my hands folded behind my back. "You know, the past weeks I've been really busy trying to make that choice. I've travelled and arranged for everything to be accounted for here while I was gone. I've spent a small amount of time in the kingdoms, having gotten to know their kings, people and way of life a bit better. I also did my research, studied the kingdoms histories, marked the rotten apples. Not to mention, I figured out my father's casefile and solved the case thanks to him."