50. Mood swings

The atmosphere was uneasy. Nervous eyes found each other all around, yet not even a whisper was uttered. Instead, the clan members shot their leader an unsure look and took on a fighting stance. Amused, my eyes wandered over the clan. There were no sources of entertainment around here, which meant that they knew who I was because of rumors, but they hadn't seen me in action. They were underestimating me and not to mention, cocky because of their abilities.

The leader glanced over to his men standing on the sidelines and returned his gaze to me. "C'mon, let's hear it then."

"What if, instead of you having to kill innocents for blood, I make sure that the vampires donate blood to you like the humans do to them, so that I can break down those gates locking you in here, allowing you to actually live and travel like the others?"

"How come?"

"You might come in handy in the future." I shrugged.

If the kingdom made it out alive.

"Sae yi'll waant us tae rammy fur ye? Is this th' muckle ill queen pleading fur hulp?" He swung his sword up, let it rest on his neck and pouted.

What an idiot. All it would take was a simple thought and the sword would chop his head clean off.

Scoffing, I shook my head slowly and folded my arms behind me while moving closer to him. "See that's where you're mistaken. I don't need you to fight my battles for me, I'm way better at that myself. I'm simply trying to find a reason not to kill you. Previous kings have thought about it, you know. Your clan contributes nothing to this fucked up society, all you have done is kill thousands of innocent people over a grudge that happened thousands of centuries ago. And yes the experimenting was horrific, but it doesn't justify the killing you still do to this present day anymore."

"Ye think ye kin intimidate me? Us? Ye'r a joke! We'll ne'er kneel afore ye!" He roared, pointing the sword towards me, only inches away from my face.

I burst out laughing and shook my head like a serpent, never breaking eye contact with the man in front of me. Raising my lower arms till they were at stomach level, I folded my hands into fists and slammed them down. Simultaneously, all fifty-one thousand steroid vampires fell down on their knees, unable to get back up again. 

"I think you just did." I said flatly, patting him on the shoulder, before circling around him and kicking the sword out of his hand.

Everyone's eyes widened and they looked at one another for help, only to realize that every single person was trapped. Groaning loudly, they tried to break free, but failed miserably at it.

When I came to a stop in front of him again, flames were summoned in both of my hands, and suddenly the whole crowd turned awfully quiet. His gaze hastily moved between my face and the flames in my hands multiple times and he gulped.

"Now what will it be? Cooperation or death?"

Casually, I walked through the gates at the border of the clan. The car had come to a stop and looked rather destroyed. Haimon and the driver had already sat down in another car, a military armored one this time. The door flew open and a pretty angry Haimon appeared out of it. 

Looked like his optimism was short lived.

He stalked towards me, stopping so late our noses nearly touched, and I stood there unbothered, raising my eyebrows, waiting for him to reveal the reason for his mood swing.

"How could you embarrass me like that in front of those savages?!" He yelled, his whole body tensing up.

"That's a weird way of thanking me for saving your scared ass." I said blankly.