Chapter Sixteen

TW: Lots of cursing because Bakugo....

Bakugo's POV

I rolled over and went to yank the sheets back over me since I guess I kicked them off in the middle of the night, but they felt... different. I opened my eyes and looked around the unfamiliar room. It took me a second to realize I wasn't at home.

I had been... uh... busy, yeah, that's the word, the last couple times I was in this room. I never really got a chance to look around before. I was glad to see it wasn't messy, I hate people that leave all their shit out. Put your clothes away like a fucking adult!

Anyway, there were a few personal things around. Pictures of your smiling face with other smiling faces. Your grandma, your mom, and Eri. I haven't seen that kid in a while, it looked like she was happy. But that's pictures for you, everyone smiles, you never really know if that's the truth.

Finally, I reached my hand out thinking you were still right beside me, I wanted you closer. I wanted to feel your warm, soft body against me. Rub my face in your soft hair, smell your shampoo again. But my hand just grabbed at empty space. I rolled over to face your side of the bed and felt the sheets, they weren't even warm. You must have been up for a while and I probably looked like an idiot while I slept. Fuck, why didn't you wake me up?

I stood up and stretched, releasing the tension and soreness from my muscles. Last night counted as a workout, right? I pulled on my boxer briefs and made the bed. I didn't know how you liked it done, but I wasn't about to have you thinking I was some kind of slob.

I walked into the ensuite bathroom and tried to freshen up a little bit. It was hard without a toothbrush but I did my best. Would you let me keep a toothbrush here? Is it too soon for these kinds of thoughts?

I opted to throw my clothes from yesterday back on since there wasn't much of a choice. Hopefully paparazzi didn't follow us, it wouldn't look good if I left your house wearing the same clothes as last night. Should I keep some clothes here too? Shit. No. It's too fucking soon to be thinking this shit Katsuki, get it together.

Leaving the bedroom, I still didn't hear or see you. Weird. I called out your name, no answer. And that's when I noticed the door was open. My stomach dropped. Something felt wrong.

I made my way over to the door looking for signs of a break in, of which there were none. Nothing looked out of place at all, and I didn't hear an alarm go off last night. If someone broke in, an alarm would have sounded on your phone.

Phone, that's it! I started looking around for your phone. If you had gone out to get breakfast, you would have taken your phone, wallet, and keys, right? Maybe you just left the door open. What a stupid thing to do, scaring the shit out of me like tha—fuck... your wallet and keys were on the counter and your phone was on the nightstand in the bedroom.

The speed of my feet picked up as I headed back toward the door, calling your name once I was outside, hoping you were nearby. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Nothing.

I grabbed my phone and immediately called Midoriya. It was early, he sounded tired and confused when he picked up, "Hello?"

"Fuck, man. I'm at Recovery Girl's house and she's not here. I–I think he got her. Can you come over? I'm texting you the address now."

"O-Of course Kacchan, I'll be there in ten. Wh-what were you doing there this early?"

"None of your fucking business, nerd! Just get your ass over here!" I hung up the phone.

I called Endeavor's agency too, they were sending over a "representative," whatever the hell that meant. And then I begrudgingly made a call to Mr. Aizaw–Eraserhead, I mean. I'll still never get used to calling him Eraserhead. I knew he was close to you and would want to know what's going on.