Chapter Twenty One

TW: cursing, violence

Bakugo's POV - 10 Minutes Earlier

"I don't know Bakugo, don't you think we should try and talk to the back-of-the-house staff first, just to make sure they're actually here?"

"No, idiot. That'll take too much fucking time. We'll go through the front and start making a scene. The bastard'll come out, he won't be able to resist a rematch."

I pushed ahead of Eyebags. I couldn't give two shits if he wanted to lay low and sneak through the back like the creep he is. I was done listening to everyone else's orders. I'd find the bastard if I had to go knock on every damn door myself.

We finally made it to the front of the building. Goddamn automatic doors don't open fast enough. It's a hazard. I almost shattered the door of the building just waiting for it to open.

My feet came to a halt on the polished marble floor as my eyes searched for the front desk. The lobby was massive with all these boujee low couches and chairs and shit in the way. I wasted no time running over to the front desk, demanding the attention of the receptionist or concierge or whatever the fuck they're called.

"Hey lady, I'm Pro Hero Dynamight and I need the room number of one of your shitty customers."

"I'm sorry sir, unless you have a proper warrant I can't give you that information," a young woman in an overly-tight blazer with stick-straight hair replied back curtly from behind the desk.

"Are you kidding me?! Everyone's so fucking worried about a warrant but someone could end up–"

I was cut off by Eyebags pushing me aside, catching his breath from running up behind me. "I've got this," he said, then turned to the bitch with the most sickeningly sweet tone, "I'm sorry Miss, what was your name?"

Her face fell into an expressionless blank stare just as she started to answer him. As much as I hate the guy, his quirk is so damn useful sometimes. He ordered her to find the room number, the sound of her nails clacking against the keyboard followed shortly after.

Trusting the situation was handled, I walked back toward the center of the lobby to assess the situation. It was at that exact moment the elevator doors opened and a group of villains I recognized stepped out, trailed by a smaller figure... it was you.

I couldn't think straight. My brain skipped right over strategizing and immediately to threats. "Hey assholes," I yelled out. "Let her go and get ready to fucking die!"

Your POV

My stomach dropped so hard and so fast, I expected to see it laying on the floor. Katsuki stood across the lobby, hissing smoke and crackling explosions emanating from his palms. He looked like a complete mess, wearing the same clothes he wore to my house yesterday, covered in a light sheen of sweat. It was as if he had run here in a panic.

And now, he stood across from Horikawa and his thugs entirely alone. This particular detail had me panicking. Why was he alone? Did anyone even know he was here? How did he intend to take on Horikawa by himself?

Civilians immediately cleared the area, hopping over furniture and hiding behind the front desk in order to get out of the way.

A smug, hearty laugh radiated throughout the room. "Pathetic little hero, how could you hope to face me alone?"

"Easily," Katsuki retorted, propelling himself toward us through the air, "just watch me."

I dropped to the ground and scrambled to get out of the way. There was a tall fern in a planter that looked like the perfect object to hide behind if I could get there fast enough.