Untitled Part 5

She tucked a blonde lock behind her ear and shot him a withering look, "Sebastian."

The silence permeated the quiet cool night.

He was in her face within seconds. "Do you have anything to say for yourself? I won't ask again."

She kept up the indignant front, "Sebastian, it was an accident! I would never hurt my darling Ciel." That part was true except now she knew he wasn't Ciel so if he had never started breathing again, she would have been over the moon.

He could tell that her words were sincere, but didn't know about her recent revelations. He exhaled and took a step back. "I see you are sincere. My actions were a bit improper." 

"I'll say! How dare you treat me, Lady Elizabeth Midford with such disrespect? A simpering butler at that."

"Let's not get carried away." He chucked as if to make fun of her. "I'll call you a carriage but you aren't to set foot on this property again until Master Ciel expressly calls for you again." 

"I'll do as I please. Where do you get off giving ME orders?" She knew she should back down but her tricking the creepy man was giving her confidence.

"Keeping my master safe is my top priority." was his cryptic answer.

She cocked an eyebrow and placed her hand on her hip, "Is it though? Because from where I'm standing, it seems you are pining after something that I've already laid claims on."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." The flash in his eyes and the clench of his fist said otherwise.

Elizabeth made an offhand gesture, "The way I see it, you are a pathetic butler who is in love with his master who is engaged to a gorgeous noble woman."

He smirked, but was uneasy at how quickly she had pegged the situation. 'Was it really love, who knew but he was attached to Ciel.' "Baseless accusations with no proof. Master Ciel would be offended at the mere notion."

She grinned meanly, "Of course he would. Why would he settle for that, when he could have me? By the way," She glanced at her perfectly manicured nails, "I need to see my  darling. I need to apologize for what happened. He knows I have a temper, sweet Ciel."

"I'm afraid he hasn't awoken since the near drowning. He will send you a letter."

She huffed, unsure of how much to push her luck. "I need to see that he's okay."

"Your carriage has arrived my lady." He said with venom. "You will see him a different day. Goodbye Lady Midford." He emphasized her last name.

"Hm, don't get used to that name. It will be Lady Phantomhive to you one day soon." She turned and boarded the carriage.

'The audacity of that bitch.' She would cause trouble again but he would never leave her alone with his master again speaking of whom. He returned to his quarters where the young man was still unconscious. 

Sebastian closed the door and checked the petite blue haired man's vitals again, expecting to find something horribly wrong, but it seemed he was perfectly fine. The demon magic didn't appear to be hurting him at all, then why wasn't he waking up. 

He knew he had no right but as it was 3;30  in the morning and he could hear no activity around the manor, he removed his gloves and laid beside his master, grabbing his smaller slightly cold hand in his own. He stared at the way their fingers laced together and sighed. "Please wake up Master Astre." He rarely called him by his actual name due to the fact that this was their best kept secret, well one of them anyway. The first and foremost one being he was a demon and the two were contracted. But he hoped hearing his real name would cause him to wake up.