Chapter 1

"Y/n...This will be a fun experience! You're already in middle school. Come on, this is you're chance." Mom argued.

...

2 months ago my school put up flyers in the hallways which basically talked about this new play their holding. Honestly, I do think this will be fun and all but preforming in front of everyone..? That's not really my thing. Also I think people from other schools are coming to audition; which obviously, makes things worse.

Like I said... '2 MONTHS AGO' my school put up flyers and because of that, now I'm in this situation. Currently its right after school and I'm in my moms car by the back of the school with her trying to convince me to go to the audition. Yes, the auditions are today and I didn't practice. Do I know what song I'm doing? No. Do I know what this play is about? No. Do I even know how to act? I don't know.

"Y/n just go! Let you're last year in middle school be memorable! It doesn't matter if you get a bad part or even if you don't get one! So pleaseeee for me..?"

"Ugh.. You suck. Fine. Bye." I said while rolling my eyes.

...

On the loud speaker Ms. Menon, the one in charge of this play, announced that the auditions will be held in 10 minutes. Meaning I get time to find any song and somehow practice it in this short amount of time.

While finding a song, I bump into this random person also rushing to the same direction as I am. He looks like he came from a different school; I've never seen him before.

"Oh sorry! My bad.. Bye..?"

Oh how awkward.. I said bye and he's going the same direction as I am..

This random kid going the same direction as me started to talk. He said "..You're auditioning too right? Uh.. I know this is strange but do you have any idea what this play is? Honestly my friends just talked me into it.. For a bet."

"Oh." I started laughing super hard.

"Same! Actually I have no idea what this is. I'm very clueless and so you do you, probably- well it seems. " I started.

"Great. Wanna audition with me?" 

"HUH?.. Yes- I mean- No?- What's you're name? Oh wait do you know any song I know?" 

Oh God.. Yes, this all happened in a span of 5 minutes. 10 minutes left! I made a mental note in my head.

"Okay.. I'll take that as a yes. Honestly I don't care if this goes good or bad. Part or no part I just need to audition...I do need a song though.. You got any ideas?" He said while scratching the back of his head embarrassed that he's so unprepared.

"I'm sorry but its kinda funny... Just barely becoming partners not knowing a single thing about each other. Not to mention us conversating while dashing through each hallway; also not knowing anything about this play." I giggle.

"Honestly I would love to start laughing but we only got about 9 more minutes before the audition starts... You got a song?" He says while looking at his watch.

"Oh uh no... Wanna do a Disney song? Like.. Moana? How Far I'll go or something.. My sister was obsessed with that song so I know most of the lyrics." I blabber.

"Sure. I'll just somehow memorize one verse. Uh Walker by the way." 

"...Y/n."

...

Finally we made it to the audition room with 6 more minutes to spare.

"We should practice." Walker said, finally leaving his guard down giggling that we just barely planned this.

"Okay, I'll take whatever verse you don't want. We only need to sing like one verse each right? Oh yeah I'll go get the audition line sheets for when we have to do the acting part of auditioning, while you practice of course.. So practice!" I said while running for the lines sheet.

...

Me and Walker used the last 6 minutes and the time it took for other participants to practice practicing. Although there were little mess ups and mistakes we actually were pretty good. I got to hand it to Walker, he's a great actor.

...

"Alright next can we have Walker Scobell and Y/n L/n to come up on stage." The judges announced.

Walker and I finally saw what this play was for and I was kind of questioning my life after that. After these auditions I really hope I don't get a role. Out of all the plays the judges could of chose from.. They had to choose Romeo and Juliet. I thought of while mentally crying inside.

"Okay thank you for you're time; Listen up everybody! The roles will be announced in 2 weeks so heads up! Next participant come on up!" Said the judges.

"Oh my God. Never in my life will I be doing that again." Walker exclaimed right when the doors to the audition closed."

I giggled. 

"I think we did great..? I'm not going to lie; Walker you carried." I embarrassedly said.

"You were great Y/n. It was really fun having you as a partner. Oh yeah uh.. Have you ever watched Romeo and Juliet? Because I've never." 

"Same. I honestly have no idea what its about... I'm sorry but I'm just going to say this now... Literally everyone chose such an adult song. Like the artists are all so serious or whatever. Billie Eillish? Daniel Caesar? Damn when we sang Moana I was so embarrassed." I cried.

Walker started laughing.

"I agree with you on this one. Although I will have to put the blame on you for choosing that song." Walker laughed more.

"Well...Ugh. Anyways I was thinking that well, you or I haven't watched Romeo and Juliet yet. Wanna Watch it together? I still have no idea what you like to do, who you like to hang out with or basically just anything about you. We are partners by the way. I think I deserve some information" I tried convincing.

"You're right. And same for you too... A stranger. Maybe this weekend or something? I could give you my phone number." Walker agreed.

AHHH! My worst nightmare.. He asked for my phone number.. What do I do. I don't have a phone. My mom said not until I graduate high school. I cried deep down inside.

"Uh.. Actually.. I don't have a phone." I said embarrassedly covering my red face with my hands.

I felt Walkers eyes on me.

"Are you smiling...?" I said even more embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I just think its cute." 

"HUHHH? STOPP You're gonna make me cry even more. I'm gonna go kill myself bye." I said sarcastically.

"Okay. Bye." Walker casually said. (sarcastically of course)

"BRUH. I SWEAR TO G-" 

Right then and there I heard my moms car honk.

"I will kill you the next time I see you. Bye!" I exclaimed.

I looked once more behind me. I saw Walker smiling while looking at me straight in the eyes. I rolled mine at him. Walker started chuckling.

A/N:

Hellooo. I just wanted to say if there are any mistakes sorry. I don't feel like fixing them :) Oh I also wanted to say that I'm not sure if I'm going to post daily but my goal is to post at least 2 chapters this week at the least so bare with me.

Hi, so i started editing a little bit and I decided I'm going to change their grade to middle school just to keep the plot going so yeah. :)

1259 words