Chapter 6

"So will I still get to be in the play? Or will it be 'distracting to the students'" Walker says on the phone to Ms. Menon.

"Honestly, it would be easier if you still continued because we already had multiple practices. Changing the main role out of nowhere would be too complicated and risky; so if you have time, please come again to rehearsals." Ms. Menon replied on the phone speaker.

"Okay thanks, you'll be expecting me soon, bye." Walker stated before ending the call.

"So you're still participating huh." I said as a lay comfortably on my bed with walker on my desk chair.

"Mhmm I wouldn't miss an opportunity like this; especially with you." Walker teased.

"I've decided I should take a break with acting and just live my childhood life. I don't want to waste most of my time on work; I just want to be here in the moment." Walker confesses.

"I understand; luckily talk about you and me have died down to the point I don't even exist anymore again." I blush a little.

"Hey lovebirds; dinners ready!" Jasmine says right after she slams my door open.

"Bruh chill on the door; it did nothing to you." Walker says as he chuckles.

"Oh shut up schoolbell." Jasmine replies as she rolls her eyes.

"Jasmine if you want to die; keep the door open." I glare.

...

"Alright people, this is our 7th rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet. It is after rehearsal and before you guys go home and I have an announcement to make. We've been getting many question about the end scene were both characters kiss. I know you guys have been waiting for answers and honestly we've been pushing them back because of what our decision is. The judges and I have thought about this question and came to the conclusion. We are going to have the classic kiss on the kiss scene."

The room became filled with talking noises.

"Settle down! Settle down! I still have more important information... Now we obviously will be giving out a form of permission to our main cast members to give to their parents. If they do not approve; we will change the kiss to a hug. You guys may be thinking why we just don't do a hug first of all and that is because we want this play to be authentic and real. All of you guys are in 8th grade and I know you guys are mature enough to handle this. Like I've said before; we will be giving out permission slips so everyone is dismissed except Walker Scobell and Y/n L/n; please come get you're permission slips.

I look at Walker as we start moving over to the judges area. His face is bright red. So is mine.

"I just wanted to be sure with you guys right now. Are you guys comfortable with kissing? I'm not talking about you're parents; but you. So if you really feel okay with this; please say yes."

I look at Walker. Walker looks at me.

"..."

"Yes.." We both say at the same time

...

"Mom! I got a permission slip from Ms. Menon; she said you have to sign it." I say right as I walk through the door.

"What is this?" Mom replies.

"You can read it." I say as a rush up the stairs; blushing like a red tomato.

I ran past Jasmine.

"what's wrong with her? She got a fever?" Jasmine says disgusted.

"..."