Chapter 2

Once I got into the car after talking to Walker, the look of my moms mischievous face caught me off guard.

"What?" I asked.

"Hehehehe.. Whos that young boy over there?" My mom questioned while smirking at me.

"Mom can you not please. You're weird." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright whatever. Just know you're dad won't be happy to know you got someone in mind." 

"Mom! I'm serious stop. Its nothing, he's just a friend." I deny.

"Also, Mom can I get a phone for my birthday? My grades have been really good these past few trimesters. I'm an all A's student! Come on, please? For you're most wonderfulest, beautifulest, smartifulest daughter?" I saying while giving her the puppy eyes look.

"Okay straight A's student that doesn't even know her vocabulary. No, plus you're sister will get jealous and want one too. I really don't want to deal with Jasmine on the floor begging me for a phone." 

Well, mom clearly made a point..

"Why do you all of a sudden want one?... Is it because of that boy..?" 

"M- mom.. keep you're eyes on the road before we get into a car crash." I say while I look the opposite way my mom is; not wanting her to see my blushing.

"Mhmm... Oh yeah how did the audition go?" Mom questioned.

"Actually it was really fun. The funny thing was that while I was speed walking to the audition room, I bumped into this bo-.. this person... yeah, and uh he- and they asked me to be partners with them. The best part about it was that he didn't even know anything about this play either! We both learned everything together. " I realized I was smiling. Ah! I caught my mom looking at me.. 

"Oh I mean they didn't even know anything not he." I pretended to giggle while I was actually smiling though the pain. 

As you can see I can't lie. I'm crying inside, you just can't see it. :')

"So it was that boy wasn't it? The blond one. " Mom started interrogating. 

"Okay maybe it was, so what?!? Are you gonna tell dad? Its not like I like Walker anyway." I said, starting to lashing out.

I gasped while holding my wide mouth. I SAID HIS NAME... I'm for sure dead.

"Walker. Huh. Never thought you'd date a guy named Walker."

"Mom! We're not dating! He's just a friend. Besides.. I just barely met him." I argued. Obviously loosing.

"Oh well the way he was looking at you didn't tell me that." 

...

The whole car ride home was silent. I hated my mom for automatically thinking I liked him. Whos she to say? I'm probably never gonna see him again if I don't get this part... Deep down inside I think that's the only reason I want to be in the play.

Time skip~ 2 weeks later (announcement for roles)

The past 2 weeks have been super boring. And like I predicted; I never saw Walker after that. I told my mom about the play being Romeo and Juliet; obviously she didn't approve because of the kissing scene but who said I was gonna get the main part? Also we're in Middle School. I don't think they'd do that; we'd probably just hug or something. Kinda lame though. Not to mention, the role announcements don't start until 2:50. My mom doesn't want to pick me up at 2:30 and drive me back at 2:50 because well, its obvious. So she said I could just work on homework or something while I'm waiting until its 2:50. 

Honestly I've been waiting for the end of the day because I asked Ms. Menon and she said the kids from other schools are coming here today too to also be informed about what the roles are. 

"Class is almost over! Just 2 more minutes." I tell Casie, my only friend in science class; my last class. 

"Calm down.. You waiting for someone?" Casie says jokingly.

"..." I don't say anything.

"No way.. You're joking... OMG WHO IS IT?" Casie exclaims in front of the whole class.

"Shut up!" I whisper.

"Sorry... Okay but seriously who??" 

"Its somebody fro-"

Before I could finish my sentence the bell rang.

Casie's parents put her on a really strict schedule because after school ends, 2:30, she has to go to piano lessons, at 2:40. So she always has to rush right after the bell rings to make it to her lessons on time.

 I'm not gonna lie when I heard the bell ring my palms started to sweat. Was I nervous to see Walker again..?

Finally I made it to the audition room where Ms. Menon and the judges would announce the roles. Its only 2:35 so I head to the bathroom just incase I might need to go later when the judges announce the roles. I'm just gonna leave my backpack. No one would steal it.

...

Finally I start getting closer to the audition doors again after my little bathroom break and I hear people talking. 

"Oh great some people are here already." I say.

Right when I'm about to open the door somebody already gets ahead and the door opens through my side first.

"Oh sor- ...Walker.." I start to smile when I see his familiar face.

"Y/n! When did you get here?" He smiles happily.

"...Oh I've been here. I go to this school." I start giggling.

Walker blushes. "Oh yeah I forgot some people go here."

"What school do you go to?" I ask.

"Ah, I go to Hillmont. Its about 10 minutes from here."

Oh I heard Hillmont kids end school early on Tuesdays. I was always jealous of them. They end at 12:40 on Tuesdays while our school ends at 1:00 on Tuesday. So yeah, we still get a minimum day but it doesn't end as early as Walker's school.

"That's cool. Normally my parents have work in the middle of the day (except my mom after 2:30) so I walk home from school on Tuesdays. But maybe we can meet up or something..?" I start blushing.

"Yeah! Lets do that! Next Tuesday." He says and we both start smiling.

"Ah, the announcement is happening soon we should probably go in the audition room now." I realized we've been standing by the door this entire time. 

...

"Alright kids. Some of the middle schoolers from different schools couldn't make it and that's totally fine. We will be sending emails of the list regardless if you're here or not so please don't worry about coming and not coming. Now obviously you all are here so it doesn't matter that I tell you this but if you're friends did not come today please tell them." Ms. Menon says.

"Now I'm sure you guys have all been waiting for this very moment. Just know if you didn't get a part its alright! You guys can always audition for our next play next year. Although we haven't decided what it will be; we would like to see all of you're familiar faces again. Without further ado, here are the new cast members!" One of the judges say as she pulls up the doc on the board for all of us to see.

Me and Walker look at each other. 

We both blush.

A/N:

HelloOOOoo you guys. I decided to be generous and had another chapter. I honestly thought it would be really funny if I left off a cliff hanger but I think its obvious what happened. I also just wanted to confirm that I chose a random middle school name so uh yeah. Anyways I really enjoyed this chapter and I'm definitely looking forward to the next. (oh yeah I didn't edit anything again; have fun reading my mistakes :D)

1310 words