4

Taehyung drove home in silence. He didn't want to, but Kaia fell asleep. She really was as tired as he thought she was.

But he had so many questions to ask her.

First, why didn't she respond to Bang when he said 'no skipping meals?'

Second, where were her parents really?

And how the hell did she get this job?

-

Kaia dragged her feet inside, Jeju wagging his tail as he walked in beside her, looking around. It smelled wonderful in here. Kaia walked into the kitchen, Jin and Hoseok arguing about what glass to use for their drinks.

"Oh Kaia!" Jungkook beamed from the couch, previously watching the two older ones bicker. "How was BigHit? Everything you imagined?"

"And more." Kaia smiled, walking over to Jungkook, realizing Yoongi, Jimin, and Namjoon were also in there. "Hi everyone."

"Hi Kaia." Yoongi smiled, turning off his phone.

"Tell us all about what happened." Namjoon encouraged, Kaia sitting on the floor with Jeju. "Did you meet Bang? See your office?"

Taehyung walked behind the couch Kaia was in front of, slicing at his neck, a warning look on his face. He took a deep breath, gesturing to Kaia. Everyone understood silently, watching as Kaia took off Jeju's vest.

"It was good." She smiled, looking up at them, not noticing a thing. Taehyung was behind her after all. "I met Bang and he gave me a credit card for decorations for my room - if that's okay with you guys." She quickly added, part of Jeju's vest still connected to him.

"Oh yeah of course!" Jimin laid on the floor, wanting to join her. It was a rug anyways. "You can do whatever you want with it. Just don't knock down a wall." He chuckled, Kaia smiling wider as she took Jeju's vest off.

"Good boy." She kissed his cheek, Jeju's tail wagging even faster. He stood up, scooting real close to her before licking her face over and over, Kaia finally laughing as she tried pushing him away.

Taehyung watched from the side, smiling fondly as she laughed, true happiness finally on her face. 'That dog was a good idea.'

"Hey, dinner will be ready soon." Jin called out, setting the glasses on the table. "Come on over and get your drinks."

Taehyung remained behind the couch, watching Kaia carefully, waiting for her next move. Everyone else got up and walked over to the table, talking cheerfully. Jimin slowed down, noticing Taehyung and Kaia still haven't moved. He watched as Taehyung waked over silently, crouching in front of her.

"You okay?" He asked softly, his words heard only by her.

Kaia smiled, her eyes regaining focus. "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking."

Taehyung offered her a hand, and this time Kaia took it. They both walked over to the table with smiles on their faces.

"What would you like to drink Kaia?" Namjoon asked, the fridge door open, him standing right by it.

"I'll just have a water please." She sat down at the chair Taehyung gestured to.

"Ice?" Namjoon remained by the fridge, the ice tray just beneath it.

"Yes please." Kaia nodded, feeling awkward as everyone else was walking around doing something to help. "Can I do anything to help?" She offered, waiting to stand until she got a response.

"Nope, we're good." Jimin reassured, taking a seat next to her. "They made noodles and meat. It's really good." He smiled, Namjoon setting her glass in front of her.