11

"You use a clear coat to keep the polish on longer." Kaia explained, covering Hoseok's painted nails with the clear coat. "It also gives it a little shine too." Kaia smiled as she finished his pinky, tightening the vial. "Finished!"

"These look amazing!" Hoseok laughed happily, observing his painted nails. "Wow." He held them out, looking at them with the light.

"Let them dry for a few minutes." Kaia put her nail polish away, Hoseok needing the clear coat. "You've got better nails than me." She chuckled, putting her hand beside Hoseok. "I need to paint my nails."

"I can paint your nails!" Hoseok offered, straightening his back. "What color?"

"How about tonight?" Kaia smiled, knowing she was behind some work. "I need to do a few hours of work still. After dinner tonight?"

"Deal!" Hoseok went to high five her, but stopped himself. "My bad." He chuckled, standing up. "I'm going to go show the others! Thanks again Kaia!"

"You look awesome!" Kaia cheered, smiling until Hoseok closed the door. She let her smile fade, taking a deep breath. "I need to lay down." She mumbled, walking over to her couch in her office.

'Human, are you okay?' Jeju tilted his head, remaining sat as Kaia walked past him. 'You look very tired.'

Kaia slowly sat down, taking a deep breath as she did so. Except this deep breath didn't fill her lungs like it usually does. No, this one felt like she lost more air than gained. She frowned, sitting on the edge of the couch, swallowing as she stared at the floor. 'Oh God.' Kaia thought, trying to take another deep breath. 'Why am I not breathing?'

Kaia got up, pulling at the neckline of her shirt. She was back in her normal clothes after the interview, her jeans and sweatshirt. Kaia tried swallowing, but the lump in her chest never went away as she lost more and more air. 'I can't breathe.' Kaia started to pace, pulling at her shirt, her other hand in her hair, pulling. 'Why can't I breathe??' Tears pricked at Kaia's eyes as panic settled deep in her chest.

'Where's the danger?' Jeju stood up finally, looking around. 'Human why are you so scared?? It's just me and you! You're safe!' Jeju whined softly, approaching Kaia. But she walked right past him, making small sounds of distress as she paced. 'Human... I'm right here, like always. It's okay I promise!'

'Breathe breathe breathe.' Kaia put her hands on her desk, hanging her head as she closed her eyes. 'Just breathe come on.' Kaia opened her eyes, her tablet lighting up with every notification she got. Her eyes widened as she saw emails from Bang, studios from America, and the stylist team she was in contact with for the music videos. 'There's so many deadlines.'

Kaia's hand slipped off the desk, throwing her whole body off balance. She accidentally knocked her lamp off her desk, her knees hitting the floor, hard. Kaia breathed quickly, staring at the lamp as she backed away from it.

It wasn't broken, the glass was perfectly fine. But the light bulb was flickering. It was flickering as quickly as her heart was beating. Kaia couldn't breathe. She tried inhaling, but nothing felt better afterwards. What was happening?

Kaia pulled at her hair as she walked backwards, away from the flickering light. Her face crumbled as tears finally fell from her face, her chest heaving. Once her back hit something, she let out a little cry, falling to the floor before looking up.

"Kaia, hey." Jungkook put something on the floor as he knelt beside her. "It's just me." He tried to smile, but couldn't when he saw her tears. "Hey, why are you crying? What's wrong? Did someone make you cry?" Jungkook reached to wipe her tears, but she just doubled over, crying harder than she was previously.