17

"What's wrong?" Jungkook chuckled, sitting next to Kaia. "You look very confused."

"I didn't bring a change of clothes with me." Kaia blinked, looking at Jungkook. "They're all in my suitcase."

Jungkook snorted, patting Kaia's head. "It's okay. We only change because we get our photos taken. And we don't repeat our outfits!"

"Oh gosh." Kaia groaned, putting her face in her hands. "I can't believe I didn't think about this."

"Hey don't you worry." Jungkook ruffled her hair as he stood up, walking over to his backpack. "I always come prepared." Jungkook pulled out a black sweatshirt. "I always bring an extra." He sat beside her again, handing her his sweatshirt.

"Really?" Kaia held it tightly, eyes wide. "Are you sure?"

"I'm so sure, I'll let you keep it!" Jungkook grinned, Kaia hugging him immediately. "Yeah yeah." He laughed, giving her a good squeeze. "Go change, we'll be landing soon."

Yoongi shook his head while he stared at Jungkook, Jungkook's eyes landing on him.

"What??" Jungkook demanded, narrowing his eyes like Yoongi was.

"You're such a dad."

Jungkook crossed his arms and smiled proudly. "Damn right I am"

Yoongi rolled his eyes.

---

Jin crossed his arms, sat alone in his aisle. Kaia was beside Jungkook, holding his hand, listening to Jungkook rant about him and his sock issues. Jin didn't mind, it gave him time to think.

"Hey," Jin walked back into the bed area, Kaia stroking Jeju's back as her dog slept. "I got you some food." Jin held up the tray he was holding. "Yogurt and there's a bunch of fruit options as well. I didn't get you any granola because I wasn't sure if it had nuts or not." Jin smiled, holding it out.

Kaia swallowed and looked down at Jeju. "Thank you Jin, but you can eat it."

Jin's smile faded, lowering the tray. "Kaia, you haven't eaten in a long time."

"I had a granola bar for breakfast." She smiled softly, finally showing the pain in her eyes. "Really Jin, it's okay. I'm not hungry."

"You can eat." Jin held her eye contact, hoping his eyes held reassurance. "It's okay. You deserve food."

"I'll just throw it up." Kaia shook her head, her voice as weak as her body. "I know my body, it won't take any food. I'm sorry."

Jin took a deep breath and nodded, smiling softly. "It's okay. We'll just try again later. It's all okay." Jin gestured to Jeju. "I hope he's sleeping well."

Kaia kept her eyes away from Jn, too afraid to look at him. Maybe his face held a different emotion than his voice. She couldn't tell if there was hidden bitterness in his words either. She didn't want to know.

"And you can always take a nap too, Kaia. We're all okay." Jin took a few steps backwards. "I'll be in my seat."

"Bye Jin." Kaia spoke softly, Jin almost missing her words.

Jin walked back out in the general area, Namjoon and Hoseok making eye contact with him.

Jin shook his head.

Jin bit on the inside of his lip, hitting his forehead softly as he sat up in his seat. 'Damnit. I don't want to be right about this.'

--

Kaia pulled Jeju's leash around her wrist, everyone unbuckling their seatbelts. She blinked a few times, not knowing why her vision was getting so blurry. Nevertheless, she stood up, determined to make it through this airport without any worries.