~2~

Sydney, Australia

The kids had already left and now Annika was alone is the house. She took a glance at her wrist watch. Seven thirty. Still an hour left to leave for office. The maid will arrive in half an hour and she had thirty minutes to do it.

She locked the door and then picked her phone which was lying on the couch. She advanced to the stairs and headed upstairs. She turned left and walked straight till the end of gallery and stood in front of a white door. She took out a bronze key from her jean's pocket and inserted the into the round bronze key knob rotating it. The door clicked open and she walked inside. She ran her hands to the wall on her right to look for the switch box. She tapped on the switch and the light turned on.

It was a not so small, medium sized room, much smaller than the other rooms of the house. It appeared like a store room which numerous brown cartons assembled in the left cornor. In front of the cartons, there was a black recliner chair and a black sofa which was covered with white cloth sheets.

She stepped toward the cartons after closing the door behind her. She took a seat in front of the carton pile on wooden brown floor. She brought forward the the carton kept at the extreme left after removing the cartons above it. She smiled and opened the cover and took out a photoframe. It was a picture of her and Shivaay from the day they had first met. She also took out a royal blue colored fountain pen. It had his initials SSO written in gold letters. A tear escaped her eyes and she layed down on the floor starring and then hugging the frame and pen close to her rapidly beating chest.

It was a fine day when Annika went to Bangalore to attend a meeting. She had been working as an interior designer for a very reputed company. She, despite belonging to affluent family thought to make her own identity. Annika Alwaani, the only daughter of Dr. Anant Alwaani, a reputed cardiologist and Dr. Esha Alwaani, a famous gynecologist. Her father owned the very famous hospital, Alwaani Hospital.

Her company was given a contract to design the new branch of Oberoi Empire in Bangalore. She was supposed to see through it and also meet the owner of the place. That is when she met him. She was taking a glance of the place when her assistant came to ask for her signatures on the contract papers. She took the paper and rummaged through her bag to find her pen. Not able to find one, she whined. The hot weather and now this silly pen was pissing her off to her core, "Juhi! Pen!"

Her assistant, Juhi, nodded and went to get a pen handing over the papers to her boss. 

"Here you go"

Annika found a royal blue fountain pen in front of her eyes. She followed the direction of the hand holding it and came across the him. That is when someone who was called to take layouts and photographs of the location accidently clicked their picture. 

She took the pen silently murmuring a thank you. She scribbled her signatures and turned to his direction but he was already gone. Her mind flashed his face in front of her eyes. His sharp jaw, hot stubble, majestic blue grey eyes, fair complexion and slinky face. He was not less that a man of dreams by looks.

"Ma'am?", she came out of her trance when Juhi came over. 

Annika gave the papers to her and commanded herself to think about her project and not the hot man, "Juhi, the owner?"

"He is already here. He is calling for you in his cabin", she informed.

"Fine, take the measurements properly and don't forget to click any of the corner's picture. I'll talk to Mr. Oberoi about his taste and preferences", she  instructed her team. Taking her bag and keeping the pen safely in it, she walked to the cabin.

She knocked the door and a hoarse voice asked her to come inside. She pushed open the translucent glass door and walked inside. She smiled and came across the owner. It was the same man who helped her with the pen. So he is the owner. Checklist update, background is awesome. Looks are even better, "Good afternoon, Mr. Oberoi. I am---"

"Morning Ms. Alwaani. Please have a seat", he knew her name already. Taking about his feelings, it was love at first sight for him. She was beautiful and sassy. Too good in her profession and her Alwaani surname made it even better. He ships his name, bloodline and lineage at firsts.

She took her seat, "Mr. Oberoi, thank you for giving the contract to our company. I wanted to know about your tastes and class you prefer for interior decoration of your Bangalore Office", she took out her notepad and the same pen which he gave her.

He was staring her unknowingly. He never felt like this before. He had seen her for the first time few minutes back and now, he was, as other say, in love with her. The way she talked, the way she swayed, the way she pays attention to everything is extra ordinary, "Yeah, but before that", he extended his hand to her, "Welcome to my headquarters"

She smiled and shaked hands with him. She felt electrified as their skins came in contact, "Thank you, Mr. Oberoi"

"Pleasure is mine, Ms. Alwaani", he took his hand back, "Coming to my preference, I would like you to design it according to your choice and themes. Just keep it sober, classy and elegant, not loud but outspoken", he told.

She scribbled the ideas in her notebook, "Okay, any specifications for your cabin?"

"Do you have any ideas?", he leaned forward on his desk resting his arms on it.

She looked around the cabin. It was huge but dull, lacking decorations, "Can we keep the theme as sheen green or olive with white objectives. And we can arrange some planters in the patio of your cabin. It will look classy and elegant, not too loud as you wish for?"

He smiled, "Go ahead. I like the idea". He didn't mind the idea. Though he liked it, but in case he wouldn't have, still he would have given a green signal to her.

She scribbled more, "Okay, I'll take the leave. Thank You", she got up.

"Thank You, Ms. Alwaani", he got up too.

She smiled and took few steps towards the door but stopped and turned around. She looked at him and went to him and lent her hand out which held his pen, "Your pen. Thanks for the help"

He took it, "Your Welcome". He did wanted to get to know her more and didn't wanted her to leave. Knowing that she was quite professional, he thought to not disturb her in between her work, "Miss Alwaani"

She turned around, "Yes?"

"Can I have you mobile number, just in case I need to discuss something?", he asked patiently.

She passed her usual angelic smile, "Sure"

He smiled and took his phone which laid on the table, waiting for her to speak.

"Its 74XXXXXXX", she informed.

"Thanks"

Annika's eyes were flooded with tears. So badly she wished that they would never have met or if met, they would never have separated. But it was in their faith.

She opened her eyes which were already red by now when she heard some buzzing sound. The maid had arrived and she was ringing the bell.

She got up and cleaned her eyes with her palms. She stuffed the pen and the frame back into the carton and kept it properly. Getting up, she goes back to the hall after locking the room's door.

Hit the vote button if you enjoyed it!