~12~

It was the day. It was the day when they git married. It was the day where they would have completed a decade of marriage if the divorce wouldn't had been on cards.

Annika regretted her decision of coming back to India after Anvaay had met Shivaay. She never wanted that to happen. She hadn't even imagined that. Not even in her worst nightmares.

Anvaay was going smooth since that day. He was calm and rough as usual. Many a times, he used to insist his Mom to return back to Sydney but her parents weren't allowing her to leave so soon.

Esha wasn't familiar with the news of Anvaay meeting Shivaay. Annika was keen in not telling her as she would have been tensed.

Anant already knew it as he was the one who treated Anvaay.

Annika was quite restless that day. She was getting all those flashbacks of the day they got married and how their lives changed. It was so hurting. And the day on which he asked her for a divorce. She used to beg him to not to but no, he didn't listen.

"Shivaay, please reconsider your decision", she begged him. She was at the Oberoi Mansion with the papers he had sent for her.

"Annika, I have my decision finalised", he told roughly.

She moved forward and held his hand, "Shivaay, it doesn't make any difference right? I will remain I and you will remain you. What is the issue then?"

He felt her hand in his and pulled it back, "Just--Just don't touch me!"

"Why? Why are you doing this Shivaay? So what if I am a---"

He laughed sarcastically, "So what if I am XYZ. I have enough if it Annika. I can't bear it anymore", he told.

"What you can't bear. I haven't gave you any sort of pain intentionally. I didn't even had a clue about it", she told.

"Fine I agree you never knew about it. But your so called parents did! They ditched us, Annika", he yelled.

"Shut up! They are my parents. My parents! Don't you dare say anything about them!", she warned him.

"Really? Where were thise parents of your's when we were getting married. They were busy hiding the truth!", he yelled again.

"Really? Then let me tell you that it's not just my parents who hid the truth but your----", she stopped realising what was she about to say.

He became alert, "Continue Annika! What? Don't you have words now?", he mocked her.

She stood there silent. She can't disclose it.

"What? You know what Annika. You are so fucking blind that you can't see your parents's fault!", he mocked yet again.

Now the water was going over her head. She can't bear any more insult of her parents. She grew furious and took out a pen from her bag. She toon teh documents and taking the support of the table, she scribbled her signatures over her name. A tear fell on it, "Here you go! Keep you fucking ideologies with you and I keep my parents with me!", she threw the papers in his face and ran outside.

Annika felt a hand on ber shoulder. She cleaned her face with her palms and turned around to look at the person, "Dad"

Anant smiled and took a seat across her. He held her hand in his, "Visit the beach"

She looked perplexed, "Dad, I am alright"

He laughed slightly, "You can lie to yourself but not to me and Esha. Go. I will see Anvaay", he adviced.

"Dad----"

"Annika! Do as I say. And ges, we have discharged Kalyaani Ji. She is fine", he informed.

"Thank you Dad", she hugged him.

"Don't be and do as I say"

•~•

Annika was walking beside the shore as the cold water kissed her bare feet. She felt relaxed breathing the old Mumbai air. The sounds of water hitting the pebbles and birds singing in the sky was musical to her ears.

She thought to call home and ask about Anvaay's health once. She knew taht he was alright but her motherly instinct didn't satisfied her.

Before she could take out her phone from the pocket of her sky blue kurta, she clashed against a person, "Sorry", she apologized without looking at the person and bent down to pick her phone which was still not drenched in the sea water.

"Ann---Anni--Annika"

Annika was surprised to hear her name. She felt that the voice was quite a lot familiar to her. It was a voice she was used to, was used to. Her mind couldn't immediately click the identity of the person. She got up and finally looked at the person.

Shivaay stood there. His eyes were giving birth to fresh tears cery passing second. His face was feeble and week. His hair was messy as if drenched in sweat and tears. He couldn't  balance what his eyes just made him see. He was seeing Annika, his Annika after hell nine years and that too on the day when both of them got bind in the knot of love, trust and care and that of Marriage.

Annika got the worst shocker of her life. It was so unexpected to be bumped into you long ago ex-husband eho happens to the father of two kids he never knew about. She had a lot of emotions going on in her mind. Thise were nostalgic, anger, love, hatred and fear.

He, still crying took her in his embrace. The grip was firm and didn't allowed her to protest and move away. He couldn't afford to let her go, again, "Where were you Annika. You know I missed you so much. I missed us so much. I am so sorry for what I did to you. It was a mistake. A grave mistake. Let's be back again"

She didn't hug him back. How could he? First committing a huge mistake and then saying sorry as if nothing happened. How could he say so damn easily. Summoning up all her strength, she kept both of her hands on his chest and pushed him hard away, "Stay away Mister. Is this have you been taught to hug a random stranger in public!", she yelled.

He was bewildered. He did expected her to yell and shout and almost kill him but he didn't expected to listen to words like 'stranger' and  'Mister'. He didn't knew how to react, "Annika, we are not strangers"

She led out a huge breath, "I agree we did had a past. A past. After that past was over, we are strangers. Complete strangers. So stay away!"

"Annika, I am sorry. Please don't do this to us", he requested.

"Oh! So only you have rights to do something to 'us'? Why not I?", she asked folding her hands under her chest.

"Ann--"

Her phone ringed before he could continue further. She shuffled through her pockets and took out her phone. It was Anaay calling her. The first question which popped in her mind was Anvaay's health. He is still week. There is no chance she could miss this call. But Shivaay, in front of him? Even if she excuses herself and rush to the corner, he will definitely follow her. The best is to answer the call in front of him. We won't be able to listen to their conversation, will he? 

Keeping Anvaay in her mind, she answered the call, "Hello"

As Annika kept on talking on the phone, several times Shivaay could hear someone calling her Mom. He felt doubtful first but after hearing it two three times, he was sure. How could anyone call her Mom. What is she is remarried and have kids with other man. He can't even think of it. Then Anvaay and Anaay flashed in his mind. It could be them too, right? He needs to confront her for sure.

Hit the vote button if you like it!