~17~

"Mom?", Anvaay pushed the glass door against the motion to the ward in which Annika was resting. He was holding Anaay's hand firmly as they were the first person to meet her after the accident.

Annika blinked her eyes several times, adjusting her pupils to the light in the room. She followed the direction of thr voice. She smiled looking at her two munchkins at the door. She extended her hands towards them and gestures her fingers back and forth signifying to call them in.

The kids passed a huge smile and rushed inside to meet their Mom. Both of them got a sign of relief when their father told that their Mom was completely fine. Anvaay went to Annika's left while Anaay went to her right. Both of them hugged her sideways, making sure to not hurt her fresh wounds.

"I am fine babies", she consoled them. Though, tears were dripping from her eyes, still she didn't wanted her children to see it and feel weak.

"We know", they replied in unison as they moved backward. Anvaay sat on the stool and Anaay took a seat near his mother on the bed.

"Did you have anything? Did Army gave you food?", she aske weakly.

"We did have food but Army didn't gave it", Anaay said. He looked at Anvaay, hoping him to continue.

"Nanu Nani then", Annika said.

Anvaay shaked his head in negative, "No, Mom, Dad. He took care of us", he said recalling all those moments he spent with his father. The hugs, the tears, the consoling, the affirmatives and what not.

Annika was surprised. She didn't expected the Oberoi's to be a part of this drama. Moreover, Anvaay just called him 'Dad', it was surprising enough, "D--Dad? He's here?"

Anvaay took Annika's hand in his, "Yes, he was there with me and Anaay the whole time. He was miserable. He was craving for you Mom. He took care of us. He fed us, made sure that we are okay"

"Yes, he is not bad Mom. He is too good. I love him Mom and he loves you", Anaay told.

Annika sighed. She didn't wanted to talk about him. She can't explain her feelings to anyone. No one, literally no one can understand how she was feeling then. The best option was to change the topic, "Where is Army?"

Anvaay, who knew her too well knew that what she was trying to do, "Don't change the topic Mom"

"I don't want to talk about it Anvaay", she told strictly, firm on her decision. There is no chance she is gonna think about being back with Shivaay. It will hurt. It hurts even now and then.

"Fine", Anvaay agreed, reluctantly.

There was a knock at the ward's door. The door flung open and Armaan entered the room.

Annika smiled faintly while Anaay was sad. Ever since he had met his father, he so badly wished at Armaan never gets to be close to Annika.

Armaan walked closer to the bed, "How are you sweetie?"

"I am good", Annika replied.

"Where is Dad, Army?", Anaay asked.

Armaan gulped, "He---He was willing to come but I stopped him and came before", he told honestly. He didn't hada habit of lying to Annika or the kids. He was a great man personally.

As soon as he said so, Anaay freaked out, "Why would you stop him? He deserves to meet Mom", he almost yelled.

Annika was astonished. Anaay was not a person who generally yells. He was always calm and stable, "This isn't the way you are supposed to talk to Army Anaay"

Anvaay, who was clearly understanding his brother's emotions and was mirroring the same, he knew that this isn't the time to yell and freak before his sick Mom, "Anaay, lets go outside. We'll se Dad", he insisted.

"But---"

"Anaay, please", Anvaay stopped him in between.

The next moment, Anaay and Anvaay were out of the ward.

Anvaay knew that it was the right time and it was necessary to have a word with his brother, "What's wrong Anaay? Why are you freaking yourself in front of Army?"

Anaay sighed and sat on the bench, "Bhaiyu, you know that Army likes Mom. He is ready to get married to her. And Mom is still angry on Dad. I don't want Army---"

"To come in between Mom and Dad. He's a rock in between", Anaay completed it for him.

"Yeah. Does it makes sense?", Anaay was sceptical whether it was actually a thing or if he was just being paranoid.

Anvaay held Anaay's hand and took a seat beside him, "It makes sense Anaay. But you can't behave like this to him. He is Army. Our Army. Our friend. Our well wisher. We can't forget how much he loves us", he said.

"I know Bhaiyu and I love him too but I love Dad more", Anaay sniffled.

"Army can be a third wheel but Mom won't let him. She still loves Dad", Anvaay re-assured him.

"Yeah, I guess. Where is Dad?", Anaay asked.

Anvaay looked around. There was no sign of Shivaay, "I don't know. Maybe with Nanu and Nani"

"Can we go to their cabin?"

"Of-course"

Both of them head on to Esha's cabin first but it was empty. Later, they checked onto Anant's cabin. There they were, Anant, Esha, Shivaay and the other Oberoi's too, except for the children. Shivaay was crying bitterly clinging on to Esha. The twins enter inside and that is when Shivaay consoled and balanced himself.

He cleaned his face and tidied up, "How is Mom kids?"

"She is fine Dad", Anvaay told. He went to him and cleaned his moist eyes with his hands, "I think you should meet her"

"But, is she ready to meet Shivaay?", Omkara asked.

Anvaay sighed, "Honesty, I don't know that either Chachu. But he should"

Omkara smiled and so does the whole bunch of Oberoi's there.

Anvaay was confused. He raised his eye brows in a questioning look.

"It's great to hear you saying Chachu", Rudra told.

Anvaay smiled, "Perhaps, you all must get used to it", he smiled.

                                ~•~

"Annika", Shivaay entered the ward where Annika was alone, resting on the hospital bed.

She saw him coming to her. She had innumerable tears hiding deep down in her heart and eyes. Tears which where because of him.

He came closer to her and took ber hand, which was before resting on her stomach, in his hands. A tear escaped is eye, "How....are you", he choked.

She tried to hold back her tears, "Good. Thanks for taking care of my children", she didn't wanted to trigger her emotional points.

"Our children", he corrected her.

There was again a knock at the door, "Can we come inside?", Anvaay asked peeking in.

Shivaay and Annika smiled, "Sure"

Anvaay and Anaay walked inside. Anaay crept on Shivaay's lap and Anvaay climbed near Annika's head.

"It's so perfect in here. Bhaiyu, Me, Mom and Dad", Anaay cheered, "I have always prayed for it"

Annika smiled faintly, "When can I go home. Have you asked Nanu?"

Anvaay nodded, "That is the first thing we are doing tomorrow morning", he kissed Annika's forehead.

While they were having their usual talks, the Oberoi's and Esha and Anant were seeing them through the glass window.

It was looking so serene. The picture perfect family. Laughing, smiling, giggling, talking and teasing together, atleast for a while, forgetting their issues.

Hit the vote button if you like it!