~10~

Mumbai, India

Annika stood before the ICU door. Inside, her Dadi, not, not hers anymore, was resting. She took a deep breath and prepared her mind to answer each and every question she'll be asked by her. Her mother, Esha made sure that none of the Oberoi in near the room. 

Annika was craving to meet her old family but her mind didn't allow her. She need to focus. She is here so that Dadi can recover well and not to forget, without meeting any other Oberoi, she need to go back to Sydney as soon as possible.

She pushed open the door with closed eyes. She opened them slowly and found that Dadi's eyes were closed. She was sleeping probably. Her eyes made tears when she saw Dadi's pale face. The usual chirpy, talkative, inspiring face had lost its charm. It appeared like a late winter's moon.

She walked forward to the bed. She pulled out a stool which was under the bed and took a seat on it. She touched Dadi's hand in which glucose was injected. With trembling hands, she held her hand and brought it towards her wet, red face, "Dadi", she whispered.

Dadi's eyes opened slowly as she heard the voice she died to hear. For once, she couldn't believe that it was true. Annika, her Annika, her Billu's Annika was right in front of her. It appeared like dream, a beautiful dream, "Annika Puttar?"

Annika sniffed and nodded, "Kya haal bana liya hai Dadi aapne apna?"

Dadi smiled widely. It was not a dream. She was talking to her, "You left me alone"

Annika shaked her head, "Your Billu, Om and Rudra were always with you. And now you have Ishita and Tanvi too", she cleaned her face and Dadi's face which was moist.

"But you are not there", Dadi complained.

Annika smiled faintly, "I am there with you, always. Here", she pointed at old lady's heart, "and here", she pointed at her head, "We have so many beautiful memories together"

Dadi chuckled a bit, "I want you to stay with me"

Annika's smile disappeared, "Dadi, It can't be true. I came here just to meet you. It's better if we stay happy in our own respective worlds"

"Puttar, everyone misses and Billu----"

"Dadi, please. I won't be here for too long. I will return to my country after a few days. I request you to not tell either of the Oberoi's about this", Annika pleaded.

"Puttar---"

Then Esha entered the room. She grew emotional seeing her daughter and the person who was so like her own mother. She smiled and kept her hand on Annika's shoulder, "Annika, Om will be here anytime soon. You should go back", she handed over a scarf to her.

"Esha, you explain something to her", Dadi insited.

"Kalyani Ji, my daughter's life is already been a mess a few years back. Her recovery from this dilemma was not easy. Please let it be if you truly love her", Esha cried.

Dadi nodded and smiled faintly, "I understand"

Annika smiled and got up. She kissed Dadi's forehead, "Promise me that you'll bounce back faster and yes, don't forget to take a superb spa session after this", she recalled how she and Dadi used to go to spa dates together.

"I will, Puttar. At least tell me where you live and most importantly, how are you?", Dadi forgot to ask her.

"I don't live in Indian anymore. I am good, after meeting you, I am going great. I love you Dadi. Goodbye", she wrapped her face in the scarf.

Dadi cried again. She caressed Annika's face as she left from the room.

While returning back, she noticed a pregnant women. She was sitting in front of Esha's cabin, waiting for her. She smiled. Women look so elegant during pregnancy. She saw a man bringing her a glass of juice. It's great that she is enjoying this phase of hers, unlike of that of her own.