10 - Street Rats

Flashback

Aladdin, Taliyah, Eugene and Jasmine were inside the Cave of Wonders, they saw gold and treasure all around them. Jasmine chuckled then gasped when she spotted the diamond, "Look! Oh!" Jasmine said.

Aladdin and Taliyah looked over to see a diamond balanced on the blade of a sword, "You want a diamond footstool, Princess?" Taliyah said.

Jasmine stepped forward to get the diamond when  Aladdin stopped her, "Whoop. No. Could be booby-trapped," He leaned down to look at it, "You lift it here," He pointed to the diamond, "And..." Aladdin said as he gestured the pressure of the hilt would be too much.

" Aladdin said as he gestured the pressure of the hilt would be too much

"Boom," Jasmine said.

"Yeah," Taliyah leaned down beside her brother looking at it, "We can't put weight here," She pointed to the edge of the blade, "It's too narrow. Hmmm..." She stood up and Aladdin and Jasmine looked at her as she looked around, "We need something that has a, umm..." She spotted a small monkey statue, "Oh!" Eugene handed it over to her, "Thank you... This'll do... Okay, lightly press your little finger on the blade, brother, and take the diamond," Taliyah said and Aladdin did as she said then she carefully placed the monkey statue in the place of the diamond.

The four of them sighed in relief and Jasmine chuckled softly, "Clever," Jasmine said.

"Well, my lady. We present the Diamond in the-," Aladdin began to say when the diamond suddenly turned to dust in his hands and the whole place started rumbling.

"Get down!" Taliyah shouted as Aladdin and Eugene the women to the ground and covered them protectively.

Aladdin and Taliyah grabbed each other hands automatically and raised their free hand then light magic shot out and pushed the rock rumble out of the way. The four of them stared in shock at what just happened"What was that?" Taliyah asked.

"Mom?" Eugene said.

"Magic," Jasmine said.

"Don't want it. Take it back," Taliyah and Aladdin said in unison as Eugene looked at them amused.