Boxing 🤍

The familiar smell of pancakes wafted through my door and into my bedroom as I was just waking up. I stepped out of bed and walked down the crates, as they creaked beneath my feet. I heard towards my dresser that was set at the end of my bed and picked out an outfit to wear today. I rubbed my eyes from sleep and blinked a few times to readjust as I stared at my self, admiring my outfit to go to the gym today with my dad.

I was very nervous as my father had informed me that djs kids would be coming along as they had something they needed to get to straight after and they couldn't drive home in time

I was very nervous as my father had informed me that djs kids would be coming along as they had something they needed to get to straight after and they couldn't drive home in time. I zoned out on the last part however.

I took a step into the kitchen seeing my brother Leo sitting up at the bench on one of the many bar stools, my mums back was too me as she was lent over cooking the pancakes. I saw a few of the fluffy flat cakes scattered across his plate drenched in a sticky golden maple syrup. His knife and fork were in his hands as he went in for another bite.

Mum turned around her familiar face greeting me with a smile as she gestured towards the plates to the side of her. I rushed towards them my stomach growling at the lack of food. I held the plate up as mum placed the pancakes down on to my plate stacking them up a bit higher each one. She stopped when there was 4 pancakes now on my plate. I walked over, stopped, sitting up next to my brother and placed my plate on the table covering my plate in maple syrup and putting some strawberry's on from a bowl my brother had next to him.

I had finished eating my pancakes. The all to good taste of maypole syrup still left on my tongue. I heard footsteps behind me. I swivelled around in my chair.

"Morning sweet pea" dads voice boomed through the kitchen making mum spin around on her feet.

"Morning" I replied. He lent forward and squished my cheeks making it harder for me to see. I chuckled at his familiar childish like behaviour.

"Ready to box it up" he said waving his arms around and throwing some punches into the air.

My mum laughed but my and Leo just cringed. I small smile painted on my face.

"Yeah" I replied I small sigh escaping my lips. My nerves must of been noticeable towards dad. His puzzled expression making it clear. I took that as my cue to tell him why I'm nervous. Not wanting any further questions.

"Don't really want to meet djs kids but it'll be ok" I said looking down at my empty plate of food as the words left my mouth.

"It will be ok" he said re-implying my own words. He gave me a small rub onto my back then stepped out of the room.

—————————————————————————

We had pulled up out the front of the gym. I reached towards my feet and picked up my bag. The bag contained, my water bottle, AirPods, a protein bar and a jump rope. My dad supplied the boxing gloves for me which he kept in his own bag.

I climbed out of the car and saw dj hop out of the drivers seat. His keys were in one hand and he held a duffel bag in the other. The side of the Walton's family's van opened up to reveal 4 children. I older girl walked out almost tripping over her feet as she did so. She looked older then the other two boys that followed her behind. I assumed she was the 17 year old dj was talking about the other day. The two boys looked almost identical. Dj never mentioned he had twins, that's kinda cool. I always wished I had a twin sister I feel like it would be so good. It's almost like having a really good best friend that shares all the same features. One of the boys had a shaved head and an eye brow slit in his right eyebrow. He greeted me with a small smile before following his brother towards the trunk of the car. The last little boy looked a lot younger and was almost a splitting image of all djs children.

I saw dad walk towards the family in my peripheral vision. I decided to trail behind him instead of standing there awkwardly. I hung my bag over my shoulder and held my phone in the other hand as I followed my dad down a few car spots towards their black van.

"Yo" my dad said holding out his hand towards dj for him to shake.

"What's up" he said shaking my fathers hand.

I felt a few of the eyes on me as I awkwardly stood half behind my father. My bag slipping closer and closer to the edge of my shoulder.

"Well"my dad said breaking the awkward silence that was held between the two families "this is my daughter y/n" he said stepping out of the way so they could see me more clearly. Silence.

"Loving the fit" the older girl said from behind the twins

I smiled awkwardly. "Uh...thanks" I thanks I said stuttering slightly. They all picked up on it though.

"What can't take a complement"the twin with the fluffy hair said.

"Uh JADEN" their mother said cringing and shaking her head. His sister swatted him on the arm. The other twin just shook his head.

"Yeah clearly not" I chuckled trying to loosen the mood. Didn't work.

Dj let out a large sigh. "This is jayla she's seventeen, this is jaden." He continued rolling his eyes as he did so and pointing to the children individually. "And this is Javon there twins if you couldn't already tell" my dad chuckled covering his mouth as he did so. "There fifteen" he added looking at me as he said that. I brushed it off knowing that he was implying that were the same age and he probably wants us to hang out some time. But the one with the fluffy hairs a bitch. And the other one well, he's very hard to read.

"And this is Daleo" he finished

"I'm 8" he said striking a pose. We all sorted of fake chuckled but he seemed to like the attention.

We were now inside the gym. It was much nicer then the one I was use to back at my old place. Everywhere I looked there were machines that I had never seen before, or even knew existed to be honest.  I placed my belongings in one of the lockers at the front of the gym and lent down to the tie up my laces.

"Hey" a girls voice boomed from above me.  "I'm jayla, nice to meet you" she continued.

"Y/n." I said nodding my head. " nice to meet you to." We walked together towards the area of the gym that consisted of more machines and less floor space. I carried my phone in one hand and my AirPods in the other as we walked.

"So you our new neighbours huh" jayla said breaking the awkward silence that hung in the air around us.

"Yep" I said a large but fake smile spread across my face.

"You box" jayla said gesturing towards our to dads training together.

" ahh...a little" I replied propping my self down onto one of the exercise bikes. Jayla hopped on one beside me after resting her things down. She took a big swig of her water bottle.

I placed in one of my AirPods into my left ear and held the other up to jayla.

"Wanna listen"I asked.

"Yeah sure" she said grabbing the little white earphone out of my hands hesitantly.

I closed the case and unlocked my phone playing my playlist as we did so.