ℂ𝔸𝕄ℙ

WHEN THE APOCALYPSE BROKE OUT, Faye and her family's first reaction was to flee the city and get away from big crowds of people

WHEN THE APOCALYPSE BROKE OUT, Faye and her family's first reaction was to flee the city and get away from big crowds of people. It wasn't easy but with the help of a police officer, Faye and her family managed to escape to a Quarry just outside the city of Atlanta. Even though they were safe, Faye didn't escape the horrors that was hidden by fake smiles and family photos. She didn't escape the monsters that haunted her dreams, she didn't escape her Father.

Faye sits on a log, her eyes sweep over to the outskirts of the camp landing on her little sister Sophia Peletier and Carl Grimes who are messing around with sticks in the dirt. Her lips twitch up into a small smile, as their laughter fills the air around her. The sound of twigs snapping under someone's feet, catches the young girls attention—the footsteps belong to Carl's Mother.

Lori Grimes is one of the most important people in camp. She's in charge of rations—making sure that everyone gets fed. She was the first person to befriend Faye's Mother, Carol Peletier. Faye likes the Grimes women, she's nicer than most of the friends her mother has had over the years.

Lori greets the brunette with a small smile as she takes a seat next to her, throwing a handful of sticks into the small fire in front of them. "Is your Mom refilling the water jug?"

Faye nods. "Yeah."

"That's good."

Faye turns her attention back onto Carl and Sophia, only to have her view of them blocked by Amy Harrison who makes her way across camp with a red bucket in her hand. Faye quickly averts her gaze, gulping nervously as the blonde comes to a halt in front of her.

"Any luck?" Lori, asks holding up a metal bowl.

Amy empties out her bucket, watching as a handful of mushrooms fall into Lori bowl. "How do we tell if they're poison?"

"Uh, there's only one sure way—"

"They're okay to eat," Faye cuts Lori off, causing the women to turn to her in surprise. "Avoid mushrooms with white gills, a skirt or ring on the stem—those ones are poisonous. These ones don't have any of that, so, we can eat them."

Faye feels her heart drop into her stomach when she notices Amy and Lori sharing small glances with each other—oh no. Her eyes widen slightly in embarrassment. "S-sorry for interrupting you, Lori."

"It's okay, Honey," Lori assures her, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. "Where'd you learn that?"

Faye frowns, her eyes flicker to the ground. "My grandma. She used to make soups, cakes and cookies with anything she could find in the woods she lived by."