𝕃𝕀𝕋𝕋𝕃𝔼 𝔸𝕊𝕊 𝕂𝕀ℂ𝕂𝔼ℝ

"RICK, YOU WITH ME" Daryl waves his hand in front of Ricks face but the man doesn't even blink

"RICK, YOU WITH ME" Daryl waves his hand in front of Ricks face but the man doesn't even blink. It's obvious that he's out of it mentally, he doesn't even acknowledge Daryl. Faye stares down at the scarf in her hands, it was her mother's. It's the only thing she has to remember her by.

Maggie walks past Faye with the baby still in her arms, and approaches Carl. The boy takes his baby sister into his arms, gently shushing her.

"Let me see the baby." Hershel calls to Carl.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Daryl questions, peering at Hershel for answers. "We got anything a baby can eat?"

Carl carefully carries the baby over to the old man, allowing him to look her over. "The good news is she looks healthy but she needs formula and soon or she won't survive."

Faye's head snaps up at his comment. The baby has to survive, Lori's sacrifice can't be for nothing. It just can't be.

"No, no way," Daryl voices Faye's thoughts. "Not her. We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going for a run."

"I'll back you up," Maggie offers.

Glenn nods in agreement. "I'll go too."

"Okay, think where we're going," Daryl replies with a nod then he turns his attention to Faye. "Hey, we didn't find her body. She could still be alive."

Faye turns to him, her eyes red raw. "I've heard that one before."

Daryl frowns at her words, knowing that she's referring to Sophia. After what she went through, it would be wrong for him to give her false hope...again. It's best that he just lets her grieve. He pats her softly on the shoulder, before heading towards the gate.

"You two get the fence. Too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem," Daryl yells over to the prisoners. "Glenn, Maggie, vámonos."

The scraping of an axe on the concrete, drew the groups attention to Rick. He lifts his axe
off of the ground and heads inside the prison.

"Rick!" Maggie calls after him, but he ignores her completely.

"Get the gate," Daryl orders, jogging over to the yard exit. "Come on, we're gonna lose the light."

꧁꧂

A WAVE OF EMPTINESS CONSUMES FAYE, as she stares up at the top bunk. She washed Lori's blood off of her hands, but she can still feel the women's blood drying up on her skin. Her mind replays the event over and over again, the blood, Lori's scream, the gunshot. On top of it all, she can hear her mom's venomous words.