𝔸𝔻ℝ𝔼ℕ𝔸𝕃𝕀ℕ𝔼

SOPHIA EMERGES FROM THE BARN, her once beautiful blue eyes are now lifeless

SOPHIA EMERGES FROM THE BARN, her once beautiful blue eyes are now lifeless. Her skin is pale and her shirt is covered in blood. Faye's breath hitches in her throat. her little sister is dead, the sweet girl the group have spent days searching for has been here the whole time. Rotting away.

"Oh...Sophia! Sophia." Carol cries, the pain in her voice filling the air as she runs forward trying to reach out for her youngest daughter. "No...Sophia."

Daryl manages to catch the grieving mother before she could reach the little girl, holding her tightly as she falls to the ground.

"Oh, my Sophia."

Faye keeps her eyes on Sophia, her heart is so shattered that she can't even cry. Every breath she takes stings her throat, almost like she's burnt her mouth. Her chest heaves up and down as Sophia stumbles forward.

Faye doesn't move, she doesn't even flinch. She just stares hoping that if she looks hard enough she might catch a glimpse of Sophia's sweet smile one last time, she'll hear her soft and timid voice calling her name.

Rick sends Glenn a small glance before he draws his gun from his belt and moves past Faye.

Faye feels Glenn's hand's wrap around her arms, his grip tight enough to pull her back if needed. Faye knows what Rick has to do. As much as she wants to look away, but her body forces her to watch.

Rick squeezes the trigger and Sophia's small body flops to the ground, And with it Faye's innocent. Sophia was her peace, the reason Faye didn't lose her mind all those years ago. Her pain is unrecognisable, she knows what it feels like to lose a father or a friend. But, losing a sister? Someone she shared soo much trauma with? Someone she loved with her whole heart? How can she possibly know how to process that type of pain?

"Faye." Rick snaps the brunette out of her trance. "Y-you should be with your mom."

"We'll take care of her." Glenn whispers softly. "Go."

Faye finally turns away from Sophia's corpse, her breath shaky as she tries to calm herself down. Breaking down won't do any good, it'll just make it harder to move on.

"I-I'm sorry." Faye stutters out as she looks around at the Greene family. "About your family."

Without saying another word, Faye rushes after her weeping mother. Ignoring her own emotions and only focusing on comforting her mom, something she's done her whole life.

Carol throws herself down by the pond, immediately directing her anger to the flowers surrounding her. Ripping them out of the ground and throwing them up in the air.

Faye doesn't hesitate to join her mothers side, she crouches down in front of her. Frowning at her mother's soaked cheeks, and her glossy eyes.

"Mom, Stop." Faye says softly as Carol sinks her nails into the dirt. "Please, talk to me."