~24~

~Isabella~

"Hey,"

I stood by the door and watched him turned, blinked his eyes a couple of times. "Hey." He quickly sat up on the bed. "Fuck, Isabel, I'm so sorry about--"

I smiled and moved further into the room, plopping down on the bed. "It's okay."

"I didn't mean to bother you."

"You didn't...but then again, how do you know I live here?"

"I followed you. Last week." He confessed coolly.

"So you've been stalking me, after all. Enzo's definitely going to come up with something that'll pick up your scent whenever you're around me."

He furrowed his brows. "Enzo? Your boyfriend?"

I shook my head. "A close friend of mine."

"Oh."

"Do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Take a shower and put these on," I said, placing some of Enzo's clothes on the bed. "I'll go make dinner. What do you want?"

"Uh, anything would be fine with me."

"Okay. Go take a bath then. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." I said, heading out.

"Isabel?"

I stopped and turned to face him. "Yeah?"

"Thank you."

I smiled briefly. "Anytime."

~*~

"Making dinner for a man you no longer have feelings for? Very funny, Isabella. Very funny." Enzo, who was standing beside the door commented.

I groaned and continued whisking the egg. As soon as I was done, I took out the already mixed up ingredients and poured them into the egg bowl and mixed. Laying out the bread, I poured a small quantity of the egg mixture on the bread, spreading it all over it with the knife before rolling it up and placing it on the pan. I did the same with the others before moving to check out the muffins in the oven. As soon as it they were ready, I took them out from the oven, placed them down on a tray, took out the egg sandwiches, placed them on a plate before slicing some left over meat in the fridge and turning it into bacon.

As soon as the meal was ready, I quickly prepared tea, added it on the tray besides the bacon, sandwiches and muffins then added warm butter to the tray.

"You know, you sure do look like wife moving around like that. When was the last time you cooked for me willingly? Not sure I can remember but look at you, cooking for that pervert for free!"

"Enzo, can you please just stop?!" I said, turning around to face him. " Okay? Stop it!"

With that I grabbed the tray and walked out of the kitchen.

He was already getting dressed when I walked into the room.

"Hey. I made breakfast." I said, placing the tray on the table close to the bed.

"Oh. About that. I'm sorry I'll have to leave now. Ian called a moment ago. Said there's a problem with him or something. I really have to go now, Bels."

"Oh." I just stood on that spot staring at him. After some minutes, I grabbed the tray and turned to leave.

"Isabel?"

I halted and then turned to face him. "Yes?"

"I want to ask you something and please Isabel, I need you to be very honest with me."