~7~

Isabella

I pulled Shayne up from our table just as the auction was over and drinks were being shared. All eyes were on us, wondering, pondering, who could that be?

A woman wearing a hat quickly stalked for our direction and I was forced to let go of Shayne and straighten myself.

The woman flashed us a smile, a champagne flute in her hand. "Bonjour, beaú couple, commént vàs-tu? (Hello, beautiful couple, how do you do?)" Her thick french accent was incredibly smooth.

I smiled and took hold of Shayne's hand, his face held a frown that had me laughing inside. "Oh, on va bien, comment vas-tu et qui es-tu d'ailleurs?(Oh, We're fine, how are you and who are you by the way?)" I replied her, my face still holding that fake smile. I wanted to ditch talking, kick her ass and run out of the hall but I couldn't. That would just be...a senseless plan.

"You speak French?"

"Oh of course. Had my own share of fun in France. What about you?"

"My name is Camille Bardot. I'm one of those girls that grew up in the wild field, had a tough jungle life, had friends and you know, travelled the horizon."

"Oh, that's nice. I'm Jeannie. Um, you see, my boyfriend and I, have somewhere we need to be immediately, so.." I took Shayne's arm and started slipping away but she caught my arm and tugged me back. "Excuse you?"

"Sell us the jewelry or we'll have to take it by force."

"What the fuck?" Shayne exclaimed as men suddenly appeared and surrounded us both.

The woman threw her glass on the floor and smiled, slowly removed the hat on her head and tore her silky gown to expose black and black underneath, guns and knives fully loaded. People screamed and before knew it, everyone stalked for the exit of the hall as gunshots were fired.

What exactly was this jewelry?

"You ready to sell?"

I squeezed Shayne's hand and pinned my gaze on the door that led to the bathroom. "How about fucking no?"

She heaved a breath and bared her anger out. "Then we'll have to take it by force.''

Run.

Shayne and I were hot on our heels before they could cock their guns and shoot at us. Shayne and I changed paths immediately. I ran into the bathroom and swung on the door, pulled out knives that were glued to my thighs and started throwing them at the men approaching, every single one of them were dropping dead before they could reach the door.

Shayne.

He was with the jewelry.

Hell no.

Just as I was about to jump down, a man pulled me by my right leg, tugged down and had me hitting my forehead to the sink in the bathroom roughly.

  I groaned in pain, my hand moving to my head as the smell of blood filled my nostrils. The man lunged on me and delivered a blow that had my head reeling back with the force of it. I groaned and lunged back at him, gripped him by the collar and nudged his head back on the wall. Blood flowed as I slowly let go of him, letting his dead body drop to the tiled floor.