~13~

Isabella

"Shayne, meet um, what's your name, miss?" She asked me. I just realized that we didn't even introduce ourselves before Shayne interrupted.

"Isabel." I muffled out, my gaze still locked with Shayne's.

"Isabel, what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." She said and patted my cheeks before facing Shayne again. "Well Isabel, this is Shayne, my brother, like I've said and Shayne, meet Isabel." She said satisfyingly. "So will you two exchange hands now?"

"Um, yeah." I held out from the asshole who didn't even bother to shake it. "Nice to meet you, um, yeah, sir. It's an honor to be here at your party. Congratulations by the way."

He was still staring at me. "Thank you." Then he faced Selena. "Can we go now?''

"Yeah, sure." She took his arm and smiled back at me. "Nice meeting you, Isabel!"

"Yeah, you two." I noticed that as tall as she was, she was no match in height for Shayne. And as for Shayne, You know the story of those perfectly carved and heavily built monsters in mythological books? Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be one of them.

How can someone be so abominably good looking and at the same time so devilishly perfect?

Now, what the hell is wrong with you now, El?"

~

I located my way back to the hall and to my surprise, I saw Nicole dancing with a guy in tux. I couldn't really see what he looks like because of the mask whoever he was, he was making my bestfriend happy at the moment.

"Can I have this dance?"

I twirled around, coming face to face with Shayne Walker. Good, now he was wearing a mask but I could still recognize the face. The chiseled jaw, the gray eyes, the perfectly sculptured face and body, the---"

"Bels?"

"Yeah, sure." I took his hand as he led me to the dance floor. Phew. Remember, grace and poise.

"The dress..." He started and we moved slowly to the music. "You got it from the house, didn't you?"

"Yeah and that kinda reminds me, your sister said it looks familiar. And fuck, you didn't tell me she was so beautiful."

"It's hers."

"It's what?"

"The dress."

Oh my goodness! "It belongs to her?!"

"Yeah. You just had to be nosy, didn't you, Isabel? And now, you've created a mess. A mess that I won't ever get out from because she won't stop taunting me unless I tell her how we're related."

I stepped on his foot accidentally. "There is no relationship."

"Exactly. She knows I own the building you're living in right now."

"Then you could just tell her I'm your tenant!"

"There is nothing like tenant, Isabel. That building belongs to me only. And she's been there countless times."