Chapter 22.

POV ZENDAYA

I asked Sam to give me a few days off, and at that time I rushed to London. As much as I would not like to take Noon with me, but my mother insisted that I leave the pet with her, so as not to torment him with many hours of flights.

"I don't understand why you suddenly decided to rush to another country and apologize for something you weren't guilty of. In any case, this is his problem, that he does not trust you since he went on about jealousy", my mother put my suitcase on the conveyor belt.

"Because I don't want him to keep beating himself up about it." I shrugged and lowered my eyes.

"Make sure that he does not take advantage of your good heart".

I hugged my mother for the last time and went through the metal detector. I could still feel the woman's disapproving gaze burning through me as the airstairs opened and I boarded the plane.

This flight turned out to be surprisingly difficult for me, given the fact that my work requires constant travel, and over the years, working in Hollywood, I got used to this lifestyle. The whole flight I was tormented by doubts and anxieties: I didn't know if I did the right thing, maybe I should have listened to my mother and just go with the flow of life? I didn't know what to say to Tom when we met. The growing obsessive thoughts did not leave me alone for a second.

The realization that the road took almost half a day reinforced my worries even more. If I could be anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye, that's exactly what I would do. But every coin has a reverse side, during these eleven hours I was able to reflect on the whole situation that happened in general, and highlight for myself what and who I really need in life. It is not for nothing that people say "In war as in love, all shots are allowed", this is the advice I am going to dutifully follow.

Landing was soft. As soon as the plane was completely stationary, and the gangway was lowered, I flew out of the cabin with lightning and hurried for my suitcase. Luckily, we didn't have to wait long. After accepting my luggage, I once again checked the address that Harry had sent me earlier, and went to the cherished meeting.

Sitting comfortably in the back of a taxi, I gazed at the passing cars, the breathtaking architecture, and the natural beauty of London. This city has always been able to make me forget about all the fuss of what is happening, to just take a moment and enjoy life.

As the driver turned into the driveway of the marble mansion, I had a view not only of the spacious courtyard around the residence, but also of its inhabitants.

"Good afternoon, miss. How can I help you?" As soon as I got out of the car, a middle-aged woman approached me.

Misunderstanding was written on her face, but her soft voice with a British accent was inviting. The woman's reddish curly hair glistened in the sun, mesmerizing and blinding at the same time.

"I am Zendaya, Tom's friend", I extended my hand to the interlocutor as a sign of greeting. "Can I talk to him?"

The lovely lady's face lit up with a wide smile as she responded to my handshake and pulled me towards the house.

"I finally met you in person, I've heard so much about you!. I'm Nikki, Tom's mom", the woman babbled as we moved deeper into the yard.

I did not want to interrupt her story, and even more so to seem rude and ill-mannered on the very first day of our acquaintance, so I did not repeat the question again, but in the depths of my soul I hoped that she would finally decide to tell me where her son was. Her son, for whom I gave up everything and crossed half the world.