Chapter 17.

"POV TOM"
      I woke up before Zendaya.  She was peacefully lying on her back near the window and breathing heavily.  I quietly got out of bed and tiptoed out of the room.  While I was washing, I was thinking about making this for breakfast.  Having opted for veggie pizza, I went to the nearest store.  The paparazzi were already waiting for me on the street.  It looks like they already know everything that happened yesterday because they surrounded me like ants when they saw something sweet.

      “Mr. Holland, we heard there was a massacre yesterday.  It's true?
      “Mr. Holland, where is Zendaya?  Is she all right?"
      "Mr. Holland, are you dating Zendaya?"

      Questions were raining incessantly.  I decided to remain silent.  The paparazzi did not lag a step, I literally already started to run from them, like a mouse from a cat.
      In the supermarket, a great idea came to my mind.  Before entering the store itself, I bought some kind of black wide-brimmed hat. I also found black sunglasses in his pocket and covered his face with all of this.  Making sure that no one would recognize me now, I calmly went shopping.  I don’t have time to make the dough myself, and I don’t know how, so I decided to buy a ready-made one.  After collecting vegetables and mushrooms, I went to the cashier, where I stood for a long time.  At this time, I went online, Zendaya was not online yet, she is probably still sleeping.
      I've already thanked myself several times this morning for wearing a black T-shirt.  The paparazzi did not remember what I was wearing before, and my trip home was much calmer.
      Having crossed the threshold of the house, I immediately saw Zendaya.  She was sitting on the couch with her arms around her legs and her nose buried in her knees.  I dropped the grocery bags and rushed to her.  She looked up and I saw tears on her face.  I hugged the girl.
      “It's okay, this is in the past now, the cops have already taken this impudent man,” I began.
      "Yes, that's not the point, where is my Noon?" Tears rolled from her eyes even more.

      Then it dawned on me that I hadn't really seen Noon that evening at all.  And what should I answer?  I don't want to upset Zen any more, but lying is not an option either.
      The girl looks at me with hope in her eyes, which makes me feel awkward.

      "Uh, to be honest-" I can't speak calmly, "-to be honest, I didn't see him yesterday at all."

      The girl's eyes, which were already full of tears, filled up even more, and rolled down her cheeks in large drops.
      Suddenly, the door to my house opened and a tall woman with blonde dyed hair appears on the threshold, some strands of which shine with a purple light.  From fright and surprise, I jumped off the sofa.  “Sorry, but who are you?” I never forget about manners.  The woman pushed me away and went straight into the house, I indignantly followed her, asking her who she was.  Suddenly, an answer was received to my question, but not from this unknown woman, but from Zendaya.  "Mom," she said, and threw herself into the woman's arms.
      “Oh, uh, okay,” I muttered, but hardly anyone paid attention to me.
      “Mom, this is Tom,” Zendaya said unexpectedly, hugging my shoulder.  The woman smiled at me with the kindest and widest smile and shook my hand.

      At some point, I lost control of the situation, and my house was already packed with a bunch of people.  I decided not to get involved in all this, since it is obvious that they all came to support Zendaya.  I went to the kitchen to make pizza.  After some time, I decided to invite everyone to the table.  Zendaya introduced everyone.  In addition to Claire, there was her dad Kazembe, her assistant Darnell, and her stylist Law. I very quickly found a common language with each of them.  Like Zendaya, they are very outgoing and friendly people.

      "Tom, nevertheless, everyone knows that the way to a man's heart lies through his stomach", Kazembe began his speech, "But if you suddenly decided to succeed after my daughter, then you cannot appease me only with food", everyone laughed, and Zendaya obviously blushed.  I smiled at her, she smiled back shyly and hid her face in a sweatshirt.

      We sat in such a friendly company for a couple of hours, chatting and getting to know each other better.  I learned a lot about Zendaya, as she did about me.  At one o'clock in the morning, everyone had already decided to disperse.  I suggested that Zendaya stay again at her place for the night, because she had not yet recovered from the nightmare she had experienced, but she refused, saying that she would go home to her parents today.  I walked everyone to the car, and when everyone was already seated Zendaya came back, came very close to me, whispered "Thank you" and kissed me warmly on the lips.  I couldn't help it, but my brain seemed to be clouded and my lips spread into a wide smile.  I guess I looked like an idiot.  I didn’t even notice the car disappeared from sight.  Damn, how am I in love with this girl!

Did you like the chapter?  Continued in part 17!