Chapter 13.

"POV TOM"
     I heard some incomprehensible noise.  It woke me up.  I opened my eyes and sat on the bed.  I still don't understand what it is, and in my sleep I can't even figure out what it could be.  The noise continues.  It looks like some kind of knock.  Is it a knock on the door?  Although who does not sleep so early? I need to check this out.  I got out of bed, put on the nearby slippers and paddle to the entrance.  To do this, I need to overcome a long corridor and stairs, since my bedroom is on the second floor.
    Although I had actually woken up already, mentally I was still in a dream, so I was in no hurry, but barely trudged towards a sound I did not understand.
    Suddenly I heard someone yelling my name and the sounds become more frequent.  Yes, yes, it is not like yelling, but simple shouts.  Out of surprise, I stumbled over my own leg and almost screwed up and snapped my nose, but thank God, I managed to grab the railing and resist.  In my first life, I began to love railings, because they, one might say, saved my life.
    The cry of my name brought me out of my thoughts about life and death.  This is a familiar voice, I even guess who it might be.  Because of this somersault of mine on the stairs, I finally woke up, and now I accelerated with ease and headed for the front door.
    When I got to the right place in a matter of seconds, I swing it open, and Zendaya's fist flies in my forehead.  Yeah, a good start to the day.  I understand that she did not do this on purpose, because she was looking somewhere in the other direction, and when she smeared it on my face, she was frightened and folded her palms with a lock over her mouth.  But she quickly came to her senses, grabbed my wrist and pulled me sharply out of the house.

      "How can you sleep so long? You also walked to the door for two hours!  Horror!" the girl lamented as she pulled me down the street.
      "What are you doing?  Where are we going?" I demanded. I am in only one dressing gown, and did not even wash.
      "Yes, you wait", Zendaya barked, and took me to her home.

    Wow!  This is my first time at her house, although we have known each other for several months.  She hangs around with me almost every day, and I am with her for the first time.  I liked her house instantly.  Everything around is snow-white and the furnishings are made in a modern and stylish format.  All things are in their places, and those that are not in the shelves are neatly folded.  It is immediately evident that Zendaya is a good hostess and loves cleanliness.
      The girl slammed the door behind me and dragged me along the corridor.

     “Here, look, the tray is here,” she pointed to the plastic animal waste box.  "Here is a bed, in that corner is a chest with toys", all the words were accompanied by directions in the right direction. "He has two bowls: one for water, the other for food, respectively.  Food in the shelf above the bowls.  It's all in the kitchen.  There is a booth on the street near the entrance, and there is a collar and leash nearby.  You will find it.  Well, I guess that's all. Any questions?" said Zendaya, looking at me.
      "Yes, I have one question. WHAT?" I did not understand anything at all what was happening.
     "Oh, I didn't tell you? I missed this moment in a hurry.  My grandmother has some kind of health problem, and I urgently need to go to her in Oakland.  Your task is to look after Noon, you can live in my house, here are the keys for you.  The main thing is to remember that he is my beloved son, so take good care of him."

    Nobody asked my approval, but I don't mind either.  Just the thought that I would be living in Zendays's house gave me such positive energy.
     Suddenly a car horn sounded in the street.  I jumped up, and the girl grabbed a large bag, apparently with clothes, kissed me on the cheek, patted the dog's fur and ran away.

Did you like the chapter?  Continued in part 14!