Welcome Home

Bakugo had no idea that the number one hero was this incompetent as a teacher.

It goes to show that even though he sucks as a watcher, he still got hired because he is a hero. That is the conclusion he came to when he saw standing in his hero costume, watching the number one hero struggle to instruct the students through the battle test.

He had won the first round against the villain with some spoiled, four eyed teen who ran fast because the other hero team couldn't come up with a decent plan. He didn't even need to use the special move he had prepared because they were too easy to take down like they never trained outside of their quirk.

All Might kept smiling as he tried to give his opinion on the last battle only for some ponytail girl to give a more intelligent response about who actually stood out in the battle.

He leaned his head back against the wall as another team went into the building for the test.

And to his surprise, the half and half kid with the lame costume just froze the entire building as soon as time started, making that hero team the quickest to take down the villain team.

Bakugo gritted his teeth as a hot feeling grew inside his gut as he continued not watching all of his classmates fight in their tests. Sure, some of them still lost, but he watched as some of them shined through with strong quirks. Stronger quirks than his explosions.

He breathes out of his mouth, relaxing against the wall as both teams from the previous battle are making their way back. He has some good classmates that are almost as strong as him.

Bakugo clenches his fist as he hears All Might's boisterous laughter again, making his eyes go directly to the bright blonde hair.

He no longer knows what to feel when he looks at him. Part of him delves into the childhood memories of looking up to the number one because he always won. But now all he could think about was Ziuku's confession on how All Might had treated him.

He didn't even know if he should just be mad at him when he knows that other pro heroes would have done the exact same thing. Plus, he is also half responsible for what took place.

And as he stands against the wall, all he can feel is the emptiness knowing that Izuku would probably be rambling a mile a minute about the quirks he has seen in action.

*

After an eventful day of general classes, Izuku waited outside the school gate to walk with his old friend on the way home. Kacchan was relatively silent when he had asked about any of his classmates, only telling bits and pieces of what had happened in hero class that day.

When he got home, he opened the door to see his mother hard at work sewing up his new vigilante costume using her old costume for a more protective and official look.

While she sewed, he got to work on his homework across from her as the television played in the background like white noise.

"How was your day?"

"Oh, same old as usual. How was your classes?" Inko tied up a stitch before reaching for the spool of thread next to her with a soft smile directed at him. "Do you have any tests yet?"

"No, but I do have an English assessment later this week," Midoriya answered back to his mother, working out the simple math equations on the sheet. 

"That's nice. Could you stand up for a moment?" Inko requested. "I need to make sure I got the measurements right."

Izuku complied with her suggestion, standing in front of her so she could hold the costume up to him. His eyes landed on the darker green material along the sides of the costume. Inko followed his gaze. "Oh, I had to get some more fabric from the store to fit your body a bit more and to add more differences. Do you like it?"