Chapter 7

The Last City

The Guardians are defeated and the Red Legion won. The City is now surrounded by Cabal as they patrol the area to look for any Guardians that survive. They is a good chance those that were found were executed. During this disaster, Jaune's Ghost Excalibur looks for him.

Excalibur: Jaune!!! This is awful – awful! This can't be happening...

Excalibur notices Jaune

Excalibur: Jaune...?

Jaune sees Excalibur, but his vision is a bit blurry.

Jaune: Ughhhh....Excalibur....where is...... everyone? What happened?

Excalibur: You're alive... I thought I'd lost you.

Jaune: Excalibur...where...is everyone...did they make it out?

Excalibur: I don't know Jaune. I can heal you, but I can't resurrect you. Not since...

Jaune: Not since what?......

Excalibur: Jaune... the Light is gone. They've taken the City, the Traveler, everything...

Jaune: That's impossible! Excalibur where's everybody else? Did anyone make it out alive?

Excalibur: No, the Red Legion is killing powerless Guardians. We have to get out of here. I'm picking up an emergency broadcast. Rendezvous coordinates. They're evacuating the planet. We're on our own...

Jaune struggles as he gets up, he tries to use his personal communicator to contact his Team.

Jaune: Guys? Anyone? Can you anyone here me? Sun? Arslan? Nebula...? [Static]

Excalibur: Jaune.....It's best we find a way out of the City. It's too dangerous here.

Jaune nods as both of them sneak past through the City in hopes of escaping this mess.

City Outskirts

Jaune notices a Falcon watching him, he looks up at it and sees it fly off.

Jaune: 'Huh, weird'

Jaune continues walking while staying low to avoid being seen. They come across a bunch of Guardians but they were all killed.

Excalibur: These Guardians... They had no chance without their powers. That could be us... Guardian — if you die... I can't resurrect you. We need to be very careful.

Jaune: 'Guys, I hope you made it out safe. Please....I don't want to see your lifeless body somewhere around here.'

Jaune picks up a weapon as he is spotted by Red Legion soldiers. He begins fighting them but Jaune is taking this slow, he can't rush this. He lost the power of the Light, he cannot charge them head on without getting killed.

Twilight Gap

Jaune looks up as he sees the Falcon again.

Jaune: 'You again, are you leading me somewhere little guy?'

Excalibur: It's that falcon again. Is it following us or are we following it?

Jaune: Don't know, but it's best we follow it. It'll probably lead somewhere safe.

Excalibur: I agree Jaune.

They both notice a Cabal Ship flying towards the city.

Excalibur: We need to lay low, those ships are still searching for Guardians.

Jaune makes his way along the outskirts of the grasslands and cliffs, as he continues following the Falcon. He encounters Red Legion and fights them off.