Ch29 Problems

Rileys POV:

Fritz and I split up and walked over towards our own classes. As I walked towards my class, I thought of our conversation we had and how I felt about it. I felt so sorry for him during that. Even if he was just trying to show me trust and how to trust, it still hurt knowing that was his pain he's been living with. I made it into class and took my seat and sighed. I kinda wish I could've seen him before all of this. Before his lost his hope and joy. I wish I could've seen him happy. I want to make him happy but I can't... Im too weak to even be able to. The world's just a hell whole, burning as it continues to spin. I laid my head down on the table and took a deep breath. Then my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and looked at it. It was Glam. He texted me. I opened up his text and texted back.

Glam: Hey
Riley: Hey, what's up?
Glam: I texted Fritz earlier and he said he talked to you during lunch and he said something was up between you and Monty. Is everything alright?
Riley: Um... I dont know... Things have just been odd lately.
Glam: Do you wanna talk about it? I know you talked to Fritz about it but I just wanna check in just in case because I know Monty alot and I just wanna make sure everything's ok.
Riley: Um... I guess I'll tell you. Your trustworthy and you do know him pretty well.
Glam: Well I'm happy you view me as trustworthy. So tell me what's on you mind.
Riley: It's just... Monty and I had this little... Incident on Tuesday.
Glam: Oh no
Riley: Um... I was just walking throught the hall until someone called something out and of course, it was the gator crew.
Glam: Oh god. Did they hurt you at all? I know they aren't the nicest group.
Riley: They um... Did sorta. Just emotionally. At the time, Monty wasn't there though.
Glam: Oh.
Riley: But... They um... They brought up some dumb incident last week I had with them and they started calling me gay and a faggot and really hurtful things that I couldn't really defend myself about.
Glam: Oh Riley, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve any of that. They're just asses.
Riley: I guess you could say that. But um... They were barking some rude stuff at me and then Monty showed up. He defended me but he said somethings that really hurt me back and I left.
Glam: What did he say!?
Riley: He... He um... He accidentally called me a faggot.
Glam: What!!! Oh god Riley I'm so sorry
Riley: It's ok. It's ok. He um... He apologized. So everything's good.
Glam: Oh. Well ok cool. I'm happy everything's fine.
Riley: Well... Then there's this one thing. Monty said he wanted to invite me to this football game for the school tomorrow. But not for just us two or anything. He invited me so those other gators could apologize. And I'm just... Really scared. I'm just afraid to trust this. Or him. I don't know if it's a set up or not for these guys to just kick me down or something. I'm just scared Glam.
Glam: Oh... Well, I completely understand how your feeling about this and your right to feel this way. The Gator crew aren't the nicest. But Monty is a sweetheart. I know he wouldn't want to hurt you in any way. And if he did, he'd hate himself for it. Monty isn't the kind of guy to be hateful to his friends, and yes that includes the Gator crew but I know you'll be ok. Just watch out for them. They are the rude ones. Not Monty. Go with your heart on this. And if you feel uncomfortable or anything, you can leave and give me a call and I'll swing by and help you. If you don't feel comfortable about this then that's ok. You can dip out at anytime and Monty will understand. But just know that he does care about you and trusts you with his life. Monday after school, we got in his car and he told me he was worried about you and worried about Fritz and me. He blamed himself for everything that hurt Fritz and me with our guitar situation and he blamed himself about Fritzs book and he told me he was so scared about you too.
Riley: Fritz's book? What happened to his book?
Glam: that bird destroyed it.
Riley: Oh Fritz...
Glam: I've been trying to make it up to him for it. Don't worry. He's ok.
Riley: Ok... I just know he spent alot of time on it and I just feel terrible for him.
Glam: Hes ok though. He talked to me about it and Monty about it. But anyway, Monty still thinks about you. He cares so much about you and even if you don't trust him, I know he'd never in a million different dimensions that he wouldn't try to lay a finger on you. You don't have to trust him, Riley. But just know he's here for you. Even if it may not seem like it because he's with those bad gators.
Riley: Ok... I... I'll trust him.
Glam: Yay! That's good. I know he worries about you so I know uts the right call to trust him.
Riley: Thank you Glam. I needed this talk.
Glam: No problemo, Riley. I'll see you later.

I was about to text back bye but then I remembered something and I quickly texted back before he could leave.

Riley: Wait
Glam: Yea?
Riley: I wanna know more about you and Fritz. I haven't gotten to talk to you two that much this week and I'm worried. I just wanna know if you guys are alright.
Glam: Um... I won't lie to you, I um... I cried because of Fritz.
Riley: What! Glam what happened!?
Glam: Nothing terrible in particular. But like... I just... I'm emotional, Riley. I hate bullies and I can't ever stand up for myself. But seeing Fritz being destroyed like this breaks me. He's an angel, Riley. He's the sweetest fox I've ever meet and he's being destroyed because he defended himself. That's terrible Riley. He doesn't deserve any of this. He just lost everything he's ever had and his heart is destroyed. Some of those birds started picking us around on Tuesday and then they started pushing me around and Fritz defended me. We got away but he started to tear up because he was sorry for me. I felt terrible, Riley. He's not ok and that hurts me alot. I went home that day and cried about him. As much of a pussy I sound. We're easy to break down and I just don't want him to be broken. It... it really sucks Riley.
Riley: Oh Glam I'm so sorry. I should've been there. I'm so sorry.
Glam: It's ok. I've been... I've been trying to get through it with him. He told me Monty helped him yesterday too so I guess that's also good. I don't want Fritz to stay shattered.
Riley: Oh... Well, about that.
Glam: Oh no. Is he...
Riley: Is he?
Glam: Hurting himself?
Riley: No. Nono. I dont think he is. It's something different.
Glam: Oh thank god. Ok, whats wrong?
Riley: Fritz used to never be like this. He used to be a joyful little social fox. Who only wanted to help people and make friends. But life didn't like him because of his sexuality. Of course. So people would laugh at him and bully him. That's why he's Scopophobic. He lost his old self and became a weak antisocial boy. He's been broken. Because of some homophobs. It's terrible. I told him I'm always here for him if he ever needs to talk and I'm always open for him. He just needs help again to find himself and I wanna be that person. You or me.
Glam: Jesus... I didnt know he was like this before...
Riley: But we can help him. Yeknow? Like,whow him the way or something.
Glam: Yea. Yea we can. Together.
Riley: yea.

Then the bell rang. Fuck dude, I hate the bell. Always ruining the moment.

Glam: shoot. That's the bell.
Riley: Yea. I'll um... I'll talk to you later. Maybe you and I can do something this weekend with Fritz and invite Monty with us.
Glam: Yea. We could do that.
Riley: Ok. Bye Glam.
Glam: Oh wait. One last thing.
Riley: yea?
Glam: You know you can talk to me about anything, right? I'm always open for you and here to listen. Ok?
Riley: I know you are. Thanks Glam.

I turned my phone off and buried my he in my arms and just thought. I love these boys. And I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make them happy. Even if it kills me or my dad kills me. My life doesn't matter now. It's theirs that matters. I took a deep breath and let it out as the teacher started class. And I have to trust Monty. Glam said he's sweet and caring. I need to stop being paranoid because of his friends. I love Monty. And I trust him. But... what if he's lieing to me?