Ch50 Comfort

Montys POV:

It's Thursday and today's practice. We all met up at Roxannes house again but Riley was late. I didn't get to drive anyone over here so everyone walked but Riley was late for some reason. It didn't feel right. Well, to me atleast. Everyone was talking and laughing with eachother but I was worried about Riley for some reason. I know he said he'd text me if something bad happened to him but... My heart was telling me otherwise. Eventually, he showed up. He seemed fine and happy to see us but I saw past that in his eyes. He greeted everyone and we started practice like normal. After awhile, we finished up and everyone started cleaning up. Riley and I went to go put Fritz's and his guitar in my car and we headed over towards it. I of course had to ask Riley why he was late. I'm a curious gator. What can I say. "Hey Rie?" I asked him as he opened the trunk and laid his guitar in it. "Yea?" He responded. "Why were you late today?" I asked him. He took a second to respond. "I had to change clothes." He said. Clearly lieing. "Riley, we saw eachother today, mate. What's wrong?" I asked him. He sighed. "Riley, I can see it in your eyes when somethings wrong." I told him. He turned to face me now. "So is seeing peoples feelings through their eyes your super power now?" Riley joked with me. "Thats how I fell in love with you. It's your eyes that tell me everything about you." I flirted, making him clearly flustered. But he just chuckled. Then went quiet. "So, you gonna tell me?" I asked him. He sighed and looked to the side. His ears lowered and he held his arm. "My dad and I got in an argument." He told me. That made my heart jump and I immediately had to ask, "Did he hurt you?" "Um... Well... Not physically... kinda..." That made my heart jump. "Fucking christ..." I complained under my breath. "I'm fine, Monty.-" "No your not, Riley." I interupted him. He sighed once again at my response. "Your staying with me tonight." I told him. "What? Monty you know I can't. He'll kick my ass." "And I'll kick his ass. I'm not letting anyone else hurt you. Especially him." I argued. He seemed defeated and looked up at me. "I can't argue with you on this can I?" He asked me. I just shrugged and he rolled his eyes. Then he hugged me. It was sorta suprising but I didn't care. I just hugged him back. He just held me for a moment. "Where would I stay? You said you parents aren't very-" "My car, duh. We almost passed out in eachothers arms when we sat in the back." I joked, interrupting him. He just giggled to that. "Yea, we almost did huh?" He agreed, "I kind wish we fell asleep in eachothers arms that night." "Yea, me too." I agreed with him. Then he finally seperated and stepped back a little. "Speaking of that night..." Riley started. "Yea?" "I think we should talk about that together. Ye'know we both definitely weren't thinking that was just a friend thing." Riley said to me. I nervously chuckled. "Yea, we'll... Have our talk about it." I said. He just chuckled. "But anyway, back to earlier..." I started. "Oh yea..." He said. "What happened exactly?" I asked him. He sighed. "I got home and he was mad I was out so late. I argued that I was with friends, he pulled the 'you have no friends' card, and then he saw my face and things went down hill..." Riley told me. I sighed, "What'd he do?" I asked him. "He... He saw my face and said 'did your imaginary friends do that?' And I lost my patience and he got up and hit me." He told me. "I just can't be there tonight or in the morning. He's a nightmare and I don't wanna cry anymore." Riley told me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Where'd he hit you?" I asked him again. "My shoulder. It hurts alot... But I don't want everyone to worry tonight. Especially because of how emotional Glam and Fritz can get." Riley said. I got piss by that. "I swear, as soon as its your birthday, I'm taking you out of that hell hole." I promised him. He just sighed and nodded. "I know, you've told me." He reminded me, "I'll stay with you tonight. Just don't tell Glam and Fritz. I want them to be happy tonight." Riley told me. I just gave him a smile. "I won't. Don't worry." I promised him. Then, in the corner of my eye, I saw Glam and Fritz walking over. Fritz was skiping in joy for the date tonight. Glam was holding his hand and jumping in excitement too. Riley walked up next to me to greet the lovely Bear and Fox. "Are you guys ready for our date night?" Glam asked us. "Yessir, been hyped all day about it." Rioey said, changing his mood for them. I'll tell the others later that he's not ok right now. Riley needs alot of love tonight. "I'm hella excited! Can't wait for me to shit myself on every ride." Fritz joked making everyone laugh. "Then let's get goin. Shit closes at 11pm so we got four hours." I said, walking over to the driver's side and opening the door. They all agreed with me and just hopped in. Fritz got in the front with me and Glam and Riley hopped in the back. But before Riley did. I gave Glam a little hint that Riley needed a hug or something. I just whispered, "He needs a hug, by the way" to him and he caught the hint. Fritz heard it too. As soon as Riley got in, Glam immediately conferted Riley. "Hows your day been Rie?" He asked him immedieatly as I started the car. "Its been good. But this night is gonna make it even better." Riley told him, making Glam giggle. "Awesome! I'm super hyped." Glam said, then hugging him. Riley clearly blushed at first but then just hugged him. I looked back forward but gave Fritz a little smile and he returned it. Good thing we all catch the hints and stuff. "So where we gonna get food when we're done?" Fritz asked us. "I was thinking we'd eat there or something. Most places will be closed if we go get food somewhere else so we'll do that pizza place or something." I told Fritz. He smiled. "I'm hella hyped! I can't wait to have fun tonight with you guys!" Fritz squealed in joy. Then I looked in the mirror to look at Glam and Riley and I saw that Riley cuddled up with Glam and laid his ears down on the sides of his head. Glam just cuddled up with him. God they were adorable. And Riley was begging for some lovin from someone. "Yep." I agreed with Fritz, "This is gonna be a blast."