Epilogue

Sam Wilson and his sister Sarah had spent the day repairing their family's fishing boat. Despite the pair of them having refused on numerous occasions, Tony Stark, Sam's fellow Avenger, had insisted on paying for the parts they needed. He'd even offered to pay someone to do the repairs for them, but the two siblings stood their ground. It was something they used to do with their parents growing up and wanted to keep the tradition going with Sarah's sons, AJ and Cass.

"Sam, hurry up in there or we're going to be late!" Sarah shouted from the kitchen.

In the midst of shaving, he shouted back, "we're not going to be late, don't worry!"

"The boys still need to get in there!"

"Alight, alright, I'm done," he said, leaving the bathroom a few moments later with only his towel around his waist.

"Good! AJ, quickly have a shower so your brother can have one after."

The young boy ran out of the kitchen and upstairs. "Okay, Mom!"

"Thank you." She turned to Sam who had just entered the room. "You see how easy it is to just say okay and do as I ask."

"The difference is that they have to listen to you," he said, helping his sister put away some of the dishes. "I don't."

"Don't you?" She cocked an eyebrow at him. He might not have to listen to her, but he knew that, Avenger or not, it was safer if he did. "I can do these, go get changed."

"Are you sure?"

She shooed him out of the way with the dishcloth. "Yes, now go!" Just as she put her hands back in the sink, the doorbell rang. "Sam, can you get that, please?"

"Sorry, I was told I had to go get changed." As soon as the last word left his mouth, Sam sprinted upstairs, making sure to hold onto his towel as he went. He knew that he needed to quickly get to safety after making that comment.

"Oh, so just because you're an Avenger you can't open the door anymore?"

"No, I just don't want to answer the door without any clothes on."

She sighed; he had a point. Once she'd dried her hands, Sarah made her way over to the front door. She didn't know who she was expecting to see when she opened it, but she didn't expect it to be a young woman with a bright red leather jacket, and a motorbike helmet in her hand. "Hello?"

"Hi..." She smiled at Sarah, her blue eyes shining in the evening sun. "Is Sam Wilson here?"

Sarah glanced over at the stairs, then back to the mysterious woman in front of her. "Who are you? And how do you know Sam?"

"Sorry, of course you don't know who I am." She extended her hand for Sarah to shake. "My name's Hope Swan-Jones, I'm his best friend."