004

Su-jin:

"HI." MS. PARK GREETED.

"Hello!" Everyone reciprocated.

"Hi. Good morning. Hand in your phones." She spoke. Everyone got up and put their phones in the box. I always had a spare phone that I would use that looked just like mine and put it in the box everyday. She never noticed.

"Anyone in touch with Hyeon-ju?" She questioned. "Nobody? None of you tried calling her?"

"We cleaned the science lab together yesterday, but I haven't seen her since." Joon-yeong answered.

"Okay. If anyone hears from her, let me know right away, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." The class responded.

"Exams start next week, so get your acts together." Ms. Park spoke as she took out her phone, texting the group chat.

"Hey, your phone." Wu-jin teased Dae-su, pointing at his phone.

Ms. Park sent the text and Dae-su's phone went off. He turned to Nam-ra immediately trying to throw everyone off but it didn't work.

"Hey." Wu-jin hit Dae-su's arm.

"I hear it." Ms. Park announced.

"Why didn't you silence it?" Wu-jin whispered, laughing at his friend. I tried not to laugh.

"Hand over your real phones."

"You idiot."

"Dae-su. Seriously?"

Dae-su and I-sak both got up, turning their phones in after all.

"How stupid is he?" Wu-jin said turning around and asking Nam-ra and I. I smiled in response.

"Seriously, Wu-jin?" Dae-su asked as he walked back, Wu-jin still laughing at him.

Ms. Park looked at On-jo before looking at the box of phones, then taking On-jo's phone out.

"On-jo. This is your phone from last year." Everyone started laughing in response.

"Take it."

"She's dumber than me." Dae-su commented, my pushing his shoulder in response.

"Take it now." Ms. Park pressured as On-jo just sat there staring at her; trying not to smile and blinking repeatedly.

On-jo eventually got up and took her phone, putting her real one in the box. After she sat down, we were going to start the lesson until a student opened the door and walked in, with a box in his hand.

"Um..I have to give something to Su-jin." He spoke.

"Ahh, go." Ms. Park allowed him.

He looked for me until I raised my arm and he quickly walked over. He placed the box in front of me on the desk, avoiding eye contact.

"Thank you, Haneul." I said, he nodded looking at the floor before quickly leaving the room.

"What's he give you?" I-sak asked, looking over On-jo.

"I don't know. I'll look at it during lunch."

"Aish. Look at you. Having the whole school down to their knees for you. Tell me your secret." Dae-su pestered.

I stared at him before forcefully turning him around to the front of the room. Everyone started giggling or chuckling at how I responded and to Dae-su's sulking. I caught a glimpse of Wu-jin staring at the box with no emotion whatsoever. He then turned back to the front of the room before I could ask or say anything.