019

Author:

BY NOW, THE STUDENTS WHO WERE once in the girls' bathroom are now in the nurses office. They had already tried the internet on the computer but that was a fail. Mi-jin then tried the phone but the line was cut off. They realized the city had turned off all internet and phone lines. Now they're sitting around waiting for a time to leave as the archers focus on their gear.

"I wouldn't have studied if I knew this was going to happen. I can't take the CSAT anyway." Mi-jin groaned and then scooted over into the desk. "Fuck. I'm never studying again." She whined and then started touching up her wounds.

"Can you please be serious in serious situations?" Joon-sung pleaded.

"I'm very serious right now. What will you do? Will you keep looking for your brother and sister?" Mi-jin asked as she turned to the two childhood best friends.

"The archery training center has an emergency phone. It connects to 911 automatically." Min-su answered.

"Really?"

"Yes. We got it installed in case there were accidents." Min-jae then answered.

"What if it doesn't connect? The phone and Internet are dead."

"It doesn't matter. That's where all the arrows are anyway. I have less than 20 left. We need more if we want to leave the school." Ha-ri mentioned, now.

"I think—"

"Okay, let's go. Let's go to your training center and get your arrows. Then let's go home or two a supermarket. You know, in zombie movies, the ones that go to supermarkets always live the best. They have cigarettes too."

"I think—"

"The dumpsters are below these windows. I think we should jump down rather than use the stairs."

"Okay. Let's jump." Min-su snickered at Mi-jin's sudden outburst. "Falling from the third floor won't hurt as much as failing to get into college." The girl spoke as she grabbed her spear and the three archers got up to grab their things.

Joon-sung however did not like this. "Let me get a word in!" He yelled as he took off his tie and threw it on the desk.

"Min-jae. Go down first and shoot any that come running." Ha-ri ordered.

"Okay."

She then turned to Mi-jin. "Then you two go down and help him. We'll cover you in the hallway and go last." Ha-ri instructed to which Mi-jin nodded to. Ha-ri then turned to Joon-sung. "What did you want to say?"

"Let's just stay here. The adults will come to rescue us."

"You can stay if you want. But I don't trust adults."

The three archers than grabbed their stuff and started to walk to the door, counting until they open it. Mi-jin and Joon-sung were still in their places.

"Damn. That bitch is so my type." Mi-jin spoke and then started to walk away but stopped because of Joon-sung.

"I'm too scared to be alone.". He muttered.

"Hurry up." She ordered.

Min-jae opened the door and the three flew out into the hallways, bringing their bows up as zombies and firing off. Min-jae opened the window and jumped out onto the dumpsters. Mi-jin ran to the window and looked down and she watched the boy.

"Look out! Behind you!" She called out to the boy.

"Move." Ha-ri instructed and shot the zombie charging at her underclassman.