027

Su-jin:

ALL OF US WERE SURROUNDING THE CAMPFIRE. We were trying to relax our bodies from the stupid fight with Gwi-nam. Some people were more hurt than others. Specifically Nam-ra, Su-hyeok, Cheong-san and I. I was tryna get over the pain from my neck. Gwi-nam's grip is insanely strong.

"What the hell is with that Gwi-nam kid?" Joon-yeong cursed. "You said he got bitten." He then said as he turned to Cheong-san who sat next to him.

"I don't know. It looks like he became something totally different. I don't think he can die."

"What if he climbs back up here?" Wu-jin questioned this time.

"He's bad enough...but to be honest, I'm scared of Nam-ra too. You saw her fighting before." Ji-min started, making me roll my eyes.

"Well..I think it's reasonable to assume they're both half-bies-" Dae-su started but got cut off when Hyo-ryung smacked his back. "What?"

"Are you really okay, Nam-ra? You won't do that to us, right?" Ji-min pressured.

"Oh my god." I huffed out while rolling my eyes, leaning back on my hands.

"Would you believe me if I said that I wouldn't?"

"Why do you have to say it that way? Can you at least try to make us believe you? We're going to be together anyways."

Everyone went silent after what Ji-min said. They were all waiting for Nam-ra's response. Personally, I feel like they're all so stupid. How many times has Nam-ra helped us? Despite of what she turned into? She even stopped herself from bitting Su-hyeok. Yet they all can't seem to stop being cautious of her. It's seriously pissing me off.

Nam-ra took a deep breath in. "I...I've never done anything but study. I don't think I was naive, I think I was a coward. I was too scared my grades would drop and my mom would get mad. So I didn't do anything. I was too scared to make friends. My mom would always ask me what rank they were in class, what their parents did, how big their house was...I never thought I'd get a chance to sit around a fire with all of you like this. It's really nice. It's my first time. If we somehow manage to get out of here. I really hope we could make a fire and hang out like this again. I really hope we can do that."

"Sure, let's do it. If anyone wants to make a fire...we can all get together." On-jo agreed.

Nam-ra sat in between me and On-jo so I took the opportunity to grab onto Nam-ra's hand and intertwine our fingers. We then made eye contact and I gave her a gentle smile before I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Sorry, Nam-ra." Ji-min apologized.

Nam-ra smiled at her apology while she looked down at the fire.

"Oh. Did you just smile? Super awkward." Dae-su spoke, letting out little scoffs.

"God, come on." Hyo-ryung huffed out.

"What now? What?"

"Why don't you two just date already?" Wu-jin suggested, tired with their bickering. "You guys are so annoying."

"Are you crazy?"

"Psycho."

Dae-su and Hyo-ryung both spoke at the same time before looking at each other.

"Hold on." Nam-ra spoke once again. "Did you hear that?"

I lifted my head up and looked at her confused. Everyone else seemed to have the same expression.

"No, what is it?" Su-hyeok questioned.

"What? Is someone out there?"

"Listen."