014

Author:

"WHY SHOULD I BE SORRY? I SAW EVERYTHING." NA-YEON PROTESTED. "I saw it grab your arm. I'm right. He may have been infected."

"Na-yeon, that's enough." Ms. Park spoke up.

"It really touched him."

"Does being touched mean he's infected?" Cheong-san brought up.

"Who knows? It might."

"Oh cut me some slack, Na-yeon. Stop acting stupid already and just let it go." Su-jin whined annoyed the girl was still going on about this.

In return, Na-yeon looked at Su-jin and rolled her eyes at the girl. Su-jin stared at her and narrowed her eyes, picking up one of her eyebrows in the making. She reached over for some scissors and started to play with them, breaking contact.

"I held I-sak's hand before she fell. Why am I okay?" On-jo butted in making Na-yeon turn to her.

"He had a wound on his hand. It's different when it's an open wound."

"Why, that—" Gyeong-su was about to go up to Na-yeon again pissed but Cheong-san and Su-hyeok held him back.

"Don't yell at me. Think about it!"

"Yah, Na-yeon. I know you've always hated Gyeong-su, but this is completely different from badmouthing him. This is about life and death."

"She's always like this." Ji-min decided to bring up making Na-yeon turn to her in disbelief.

"If it weren't for him, we may all be dead." Su-hyeok added in.

"And now he may kill us."

Su-jin stopped and looked up slightly from her scissors as her eyes grew cold. She turned over to the group of people ever so slowly and locked her eyes on Na-yeon.

"I'm about to die because of you." Wu-jin complained making Su-jin snort as her eyes became soft again.

"Watch your mouth."

"I'm fine right now."

"That's enough, all of you! Shut it." Ms.Park yelled, clearly tired of her students' constantly bickering with one another.

"Ms. Park—"

"Silence."

"She—"

"Hey." Ms. Park stopped interrupted them and looked at the high schoolers. She sighed and took a deep breath in before continuing.

"Let's do this." The teacher started as she walked over to Gyeong-su. "Stay in the recording room for just ten minutes, Gyeong-su. I know it'll be hard, but I think that's better than being suspected."

"The others don't suspect me. It's just her."

"Gyeong-su, would you do that, please?"

"Forget ten minutes, I'll stay half...No, a full hour."

"There's no need for that. It takes less than five minutes to turn. Stop overreacting." Cheong-san brought up.

"Let's just be sure." Gyeong-su said shutting down his best friend.

"Will that do?" Ms. Park spoke turning over to Na-yeon who didn't respond. "If nothing happens, you'll sincerely apologize, right?"

Hearing her teacher's words made Su-jin chuckle. Just the thought of Na-yeon actually sincerely apologizing made her want to start bursting out in laughter. Maybe apologizing sarcastically yeah, but definitely not sincerely. It's just not a characteristic trait the girl had.

"Yes." Na-yeon answered.

Su-jin new it was a lie so she tried not to laugh. She bit the inside of her cheek and looked over toward the window trying to compose herself.

"You guys are all okay with that, right?" Ms. Park answered. The class erupted in agreement to her question.

"He's clearly fine. If we do this, who would step up next time? Everyone will hide." Cheong-san said trying to justify the case for his friend.

"You're right too, but..let's consider this a way to learn to trust each other."

"I trust Gyeong-su."

"I trust Gyeong-su as well." Su-jin spoke as he leaned forward in her seat, her arm on the table looking at Ms. Park.

The said teacher looked at the two and then looked at the "infected" boy who mumbled something and then got up, walking to the recording room.

"Should I go in with you?" Dae-su spoke as he walked over to the boy.

Gyeong-su flipped him off as she walked into the room, shutting the door behind him. The others watching him through the glass window on the other side as the boy looked at the them as well.

"That stubborn punk. Ten minutes would be fine."

"He's nothing compared to her."

As the students were talking as Ji-min badmouth Na-yeon, the long brunette haired girl averted her gaze toward the stick that was covered in blood. The same one that Su-hyeok had used to stab the zombie before. The stick was covered in zombie blood. She gulped slightly as her eyes fluttered. She was obviously nervous but well aware of what she wanted to do. She just needed the perfect time to actually do it.

As 30 minutes were going by, some of the students were discussing some traits the zombies have.

"Maybe they're drawn to smell. They go after you like crazy." Wu-jin pointed out and then started to target his best friend.

"I don't smell."

"You sweat a lot." Ji-min added in.

"I sweat, but I don't smell." He bickered as Ji-min started to write something down and then slightly scrunched his nose. "What's that smell?" He said as he started to sniff himself.

"It's your sweat." Wu-jin brought up making Dae-su shut up.

"I think they're more sensitive to sound than smell." Dae-su brought up after a little bit of thinking.

"Sound?" Ji-min asked.

"Yes, sound."

"This isn't a movie." Joon-yeong shut down Dae-su's inference.

"That's how most zombies are. And you saw their eyes. They can't see with those eyes." Dae-su protested.

"Dae-su's actually not entirely off. In fact it makes perfect sense." Su-jin spoke as she walked over to the others and stood behind Wu-jin, wrapping her arms around her shoulders from behind and placing her chin on his head.

"Thank you." Dae-su sighed as he leaned back into his chair.

"I mean think about it. Sure smell could be one of them but they mainly go for sound. I remember seeing a kid outside in the court yard where Cheong-san, On-jo, Haneul and I once were at and he actually slipped passed the zombies with ease. And he was right next to them. It's because he didn't make any noise."

"That could've been because people were screaming on the top of their lungs outside. It could've butchered the hearing."

"Butcher the hearing? Come on Joon. Don't become as stupid as Dae-su."

The boy looked up at Su-jin in offense. Especially how she had just agreed with his statement.

"Don't give me that look. You know I'm right." She said as Wu-jin looked up at her making her take her chin off his head and look back at him.

"You just agreed with Dae-su for something. We can't be friends anymore. Get off me." He said as he tried to released her grip on him to which she tightened.

"You guys sure you aren't dating?" Ji-min brought up slightly confused.

"We're not dating." The two teenagers both said at the same time making her put her hands up in surrender.