Chapter 5 - MISHAPS

The next day arrived and they both had a lie in, as their flight wasn’t until later on that night. They woke up around noon and had a lazy brunch in bed and then watched a film on the TV. 

They were sitting on the bed, still in their pyjamas. Abby, with her back towards Harry, was lying on him, while he had his arms around her. They lay there for a few more hours when Harry looked at the time and yawned. 

“We should start getting ready. We have to be there a few hours before hand to check-in, since it’s an international flight and if we leave now we’ll still have time to go to Madame Tussauds and dinner.”

“Yes, I suppose you’re right,” Abby agreed. 

She yawned as well, got up off Harry and started to pack up her things. 

A while later they were packed and ready to go. They checked out of the hotel but left their luggage with the front desk since they weren’t leaving for the airport yet.

They walked to Madame Tussauds, waited in line for their tickets and made their way through—taking pictures of almost each wax figure. It was fun seeing how life-like they were. Abby even swore some people were real, especially in the horror section since their eyes followed you. She pretty much clung to Harry during that section. 

They made it through after a while and went to a casual restaurant for dinner. They shared a pizza and salad with an iced tea each, and were full. 

Abby didn’t want to leave. Their flight left around ten thirty at night, and they had to connect through London Heathrow again. She wasn’t looking forward to her approximately ten and a half hour flight, with the connection. 

They walked back to the hotel as it was almost seven p.m. and they still had to take a taxi to the airport and go through security and check-in.

It was a sad drive to the airport for Abby and Harry. They grew to love New York City, since it was so lively and fun. It made you feel like all of your dreams could come true, which in Abby’s case, they did. Nevertheless, they eventually made it to the airport, got past check-in and security and were about to board the plane home. 

Sitting down in the plane Abby was fine. She held Harry’s hand again to distract her from take-off. Within thirty minutes, they were off the ground and flying at around thirty thousand feet in the air. 

The plane ride was going smoothly. Abby and Harry had even fallen asleep for a bit, when they were woken up by a thunderous noise and gut-wrenching scare. The plane had hit a bad patch of turbulence. There was a sudden heavy rainstorm in the UK and the plane wasn’t handling it very well. The oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling of the plane. Abby was freaking out, panicking and looking around frantically. 

She looked at Harry who looked equally as scared, but he remained calm and remembered what the air-hostess had said and fastened his mask on, before helping Abby with hers. 

They had their masks on, but were still panicking as the pilot came on the intercom. 

“Attention ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking. Due to a sudden income of heavy rain, we seem to have hit a rough patch of turbulence. We ask that you remain calm and stay in your seats. We regret to inform you that we will be making an emergency landing in Dublin, Ireland. We cannot continue onwards to London, Heathrow. The check in agents in Dublin are being informed of our situation and will be more than happy to offer you a one night stay accommodation at a selection of hotels in the city. They can then arrange to have you fly out the next morning when the weather will have hopefully cleared. In addition, if you so choose, the check in agents will do all that they can, to help you get to your onward destination after we land in Dublin, all things permitted. We thank-you for your cooperation.”