Chapter 16 - FAIRY TALE ENDING

Enough time had passed that everyone had forgotten about Rachel and the traumatic nightmare that she was. Harry explained everything to everyone he knew personally and they realized now that all of his actions made sense. Everyone was glad he was back with Abby and that they were still together after everything that had happened. It’s true what they say, real love will stand the test of time and for Harry and Abby it was nothing but absolute genuine, irrevocable love.

There was still the minor detail of all the paparazzi and press. Harry went on record to explain a bit of what happened as the public was dying to know, why his ‘ex’ Rachel had been put away for good.

He told everyone a pretty truthful story, leaving out anything people needn’t know. 

Life for One Direction, Harry and Abby and everyone else was back to normal. Whatever normal was for famous people.

Harry and Abby were now living in Harry’s flat. Harry had asked her to move in with him days after the whole Rachel fiasco. However, it had now been a month and a few weeks and Harry had another, more important question for Abby in mind.

Harry was lying in bed sleeping, as it was ten in the morning. Abby had already woken up and was sat up looking down at him, leaning in. Her wavy chestnut hair cascading down the silk white nightie she had on. She looked at him in such adoration and love. 

She had seen him without a shirt on many times but this time she really looked at him. She took in every dent, every curve and flaw that made him Harry. 

She grazed her hand over his chest, and with the lightest touch of her right middle finger, she outlined the two little birds he had tattooed on his chest. She was in a daze, which would explain why she shook when Harry awoke all of a sudden. 

His emerald eyes shot open as he smiled, dimples showing, he tousled his hair to the side as he so often did. He lay there in his boxers with a white linen sheet resting on his lower half. 

Abby had never seen anyone look and smell as amazing as he did, especially when he had just woken up a few moments ago. Abby giggled—one of his favourite sounds ever—as he grabbed hold of her right wrist, causing her tattoo tracing to come to a halt. 

Gazing into Abby's eyes—one of his favourite pastimes—he noticed the sunlight was beaming into the bedroom and onto the bed. Lighting Abby up like an angel. Harry’s heart fluttered, as he thought of the little black box in his bedside table, and decided this was the perfect moment for his question.

He sat up and with every emotion in his heart, he looked deep into Abby's gleaming hazel-brown eyes, smiled and said, “you are so beautiful Abby. I love you with all my heart.” 

He paused, taking a moment to absorb just how stunning she was, first thing in the morning as he grinned.

“Marry me,” he asked breathlessly.

Abby's eyes grew wide, then slightly brimmed with happy tears. She had the biggest smile on her face. Without a thought in her brain, but all the love in her heart, she breathed, “of course I’ll marry you.”

He reached into his bedside table drawer and pulled out the small black box. Inside was a stunning, flawless two-carat diamond on a platinum diamond band. 

He slipped it gently on her left ring finger and it was a perfect fit. 

She was simply beaming as she reached across and fisted his soft brown curls and pulled him in for a gentle, perfect kiss. It wasn’t long before she was flipped on her back by Harry and they started making the most passionate love a couple could possibly make.