Chapter 9 - FANS AND HATERS

Over the next few weeks, Abby started sticking to a schedule for her dancing. She tried to put in about three to four hours a day. She really connected with Danielle and Kathryn over this and even had them over for some dance sessions in her new studio. They became a little dance trio. Sooner than later, Abby got herself her very first audition to be a back-up dancer on a TV show.

Harry was becoming increasingly busy with One Direction lately, as they were working on their second studio album. This worked out perfectly for Abby as she had her own career to finally focus on. 

She was seeing the girls a lot and even catching up with the boys a few times for drinks and hang outs. 

Everything was going good. She was staying at her flat these days because it was easier with everything going on. It was very close to Harry’s place however, and since she had a key to his, she knew she could use her studio whenever she liked. No matter if Harry was home or not.

Weeks passed and it seemed to be getting easier for Harry and Abby to be in public together. As long as they posed for pictures with fans and with whomever asked they were ok. Abby was starting to gain almost a million followers on Twitter. A lot of people were directioners, but some were her fans too and liked her for her. The press on One Direction seemed to be all good news too, which was a nice change from silly rumours. Everything was going smoothly, until Abby came across a trending topic on Twitter about her and Harry that was not very nice at all. 

She again showed the messages to Harry and he was disgusted. They were rude, mean and completely uncalled for. Poking fun of Abby for finally doing something with her life and saying that she should again, stop living off of Harry’s money and fame. Clearly they were jealous trolls. Harry couldn’t understand how they seemed to think that they would win his affection, by hurting Abby. Harry had just about had enough, and he took it upon himself to address the rude fans and Twitter trolls.

Harry Styles @Harry_Styles

Ok, something has to be done here. First off, a massive thank-you to everyone, we love you all so much!! You truly are the best fans in the world!!! BUT, if you can’t be happy for my girlfriend and me, then you’re not true fans. I don’t want to hurt anyone, but I think I deserve to be happy. I can’t have my fame get in the way of the most incredible thing that’s ever happened to me. If you really love me, you’d stop hurting the girl I choose to love .xx

Instantly, there were hundreds of apologies and thousands of tweets saying how immature the haters were. Fans believed Harry deserved to be happy and that made them both feel a little better. But, Abby really liked the fact that Harry stood up for her and maybe now, the haters would back off, or at least ease up on her. 

She knew exactly what she was getting her self into when she fell in love with Harry, but when you’re actually faced with all that cyber bullying, it’s hard to take in and not let it get to you.

Within minutes there were multiple trending topics on Twitter about Harry and Abby.

#DirectionersWantHarry2BHappy 

#WeSupportAbbyStuart

#Habby

Abby thought it was nice for a change to have thousands of people supporting her. She then went online to talk to some of the fans. She gained a few hundred more followers. But, seeing the way things go in this world. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. She knew this wouldn’t last long.

From then on, no matter what Abby did, it never went unrecognised. 

She started to branch out in the media scene and she took up acting and she did a few small modeling gigs. Soon, she started having real fans of her own.