Chapter 13 - HEARTACHE

Abby woke up late the next morning. She opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a picture of Harry on her bedside table. She picked it up and looked at him for a few seconds, before she screamed and threw it against the wall so hard, the glass shattered. 

Her screams turned into sobs and her sobs turned into her hyperventilating. Fully realising what had happened a few hours ago. Harry was gone. He didn’t love her anymore. How did this happen? Everything was going fine and then all of a sudden he ended it. 

It didn’t seem like Harry. Abby replayed last night in her head as she broke down again. Harry was shaking and he barely made eye contact with her. Almost as if he was being forced to do it. As if it was out of his control.

Whatever the reason, Abby tried to stop thinking of him but it was nearly impossible. His smell was still on her. His clothes were in her closet. His songs were all over the TV, radio and Internet. What was she going to do? She knew she shouldn’t go on Twitter but she didn’t really care. She felt as if she had a hole in her heart and she figured it couldn’t possibly get much worse than this.

To her surprise it seemed as though a few fans already found out about their break-up and were tweeting some words of comfort that made Abby smile.

Abby’sBFFxo @Sara_Brownie

Famous or not, boys are STUPID! If @Harry_Styles doesn’t see how AMAZING you are, it’s his loss. xo #WeAreHereForYouAbby

It’s tweets like this that made Abby smile and it’s her fans and her friends that got her through the following week, barely.

She had broken the news to Natalie and Maureen and Kathryn first. They came over right away all together with some chocolate, ice cream and One Direction magazines. 

They spent hours drawing on, ripping up and burning pictures of Harry. It was just Abby’s way of dealing with the immense pain she was feeling. 

To have been dumped out of the blue by the person you loved most in the world was one thing. To have him do it so coldly and tell you he’s not in love with you anymore, and that he likes someone you hate was just too much. 

She later o broke the news to Perrie, Danielle and Eleanor. Finding it a little harder, since she didn’t have what they had anymore—which was one fifth of One Direction’s heart.

After her binge night with Natalie, Maureen and Kathryn, Abby seldom ate. She just didn’t find anything fun or enjoyable anymore. She went into a dark place after the break up with Harry; after a few of her texts to him went unanswered she finally accepted that their break up was in fact real. Now she was left with one final problem. How on earth does one simply get over Harry Styles?

***

Meanwhile Harry wasn’t dealing too well with the break up either. Going back to the morning after—Harry awoke late around eleven in the morning. His eyes so puffy and cheeks tear stained. He didn’t even want to get out of bed. He looked at his phone; he had three texts from Abby.

‘I still love you…can’t we talk about this?’

“Please don’t do this. xo’

‘How could you do this to me, after all we’ve been through?’

Harry couldn’t stand to read her messages and know he wasn’t allowed to write back. Knowing she was so upset and that he had caused it. But what was he to do? If he told anyone Abby might be in more danger. 

Harry was going mental in his flat alone. There was nothing to do and like Abby, Harry also felt the world held no joy without her. He didn’t want to sing or do any type of rehearsal for One Direction. He missed a few TV appearances and the band was forced to say Harry was ill.