Chapter 7 - GUILT

Weeks passed and the boys were working hard on their first album. Even though Abby remembered most of their original song lyrics, the record company still helped fill in some of the blanks, touch them up and add a few new songs. Their first album was complete and was still entitled, ‘Up All Night’ which consisted of:

What Makes You Beautiful

One Thing

Gotta Be You

Leave Me

Moments

Up All Night

Under The Lights

Everything You Do

I Want

I Wish

More Than This

It wasn’t the same as the original ‘Up All Night’, but Abby did the best she could. She also heard the new songs and thought they sounded rather catchy.

Now that they had the songs written, the boys were in the studio each day from nine to five recording. Abby was thankful that Stu appointed her co-manager with Dan—other wise she wouldn’t have much to do all day, but sit around waiting for Harry and the boys to return.

A few months passed and it was nearly Christmas time. Abby and Harry were stronger than ever—sharing new experiences and loving every step of the way. Since the boys had finished their first album, they were starting to go to small radio stations across England to have them play their first single. 

The album had a different sound than Abby remembered, but they did have a different record company and all new staff. The record company chose the song, ‘Up All Night’ to be One Direction’s first single, instead of ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. 

Abby never understood why, but she wasn’t about to fight with management and mess up the boy’s lives again. 

Similar to the real One Direction, they started to gain a small fan base. 

At this time, a lot was based on their looks, and small advertisements they’d been in. People were starting to recognize them in public and a few people would even ask for autographs. Abby thought this was a good sign.

They slowly started to appear on local television shows and such but they didn’t seem to gain the extensive hype or fan base the old One Direction had. Abby thought, maybe it would take more time. They will be just as famous as the old One Direction, yes, just wait. She tried to convince herself.

If only Abby believed it. She knew they had the talent, but not having the X-Factor platform seemed to be a huge disadvantage. At this point, they seemed to be like every other band on the market. Young, talented and on their way to becoming a one hit, one album type of band. 

Their songs came off as cheesy to the public, they had fans but they were all teens and younger. Which wasn’t a bad thing, but there was something missing and Abby couldn’t put her finger on it. 

The boys seemed to be having loads of fun, they were all so excited of what they had accomplished so far. Each time something somewhat big would happen, Harry and Abby seemed to disappear for a while into their bedroom and each time they came out, their hair was a mess. The boys laughed hard at this, but were all secretly jealous that Harry had someone that meant so much to him and they didn’t.

Christmas was soon approaching and they would all be going back home to spend it with their families, even Niall. They celebrated Louis’ birthday a little early since it was on the twenty-fourth and they wouldn’t all be 

KISMETजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें