7. Shopping

(I'm too poor to visit Prada, so if I got details wrong, feel free to correct me🥲)

"This is ultramarine blue not neon blue."

"Go get you eyes checked, Maston. That's neon blue!"

"My eyes are perfectly fine, you're the one who needs a doctor, Moore."

I groaned as my best friend and fiancé argued with each other over a shade of blue. I googled the difference between the two colours but couldn't make head or tail of it.

Who the fuck cares? It's blue.

Jake looked equally as irritated as me. Arguing with Kenna was a bad idea. She never backs down. Never.

After arguing with Jonah that I didn't need designer clothes for everyday outfits and threatening to cancel the wedding, he relented just a little. He decided that I could buy readymade garments if I bought them from fucking Prada.

I tried telling him that no one cared what I was wearing but then he pulled out the several news articles dissecting every aspect of me, including my clothes. There was a particular article where the writer stated that I left my previous boyfriend because he made be wear Stella Cardin instead of Betsey Ford.

What the fuck does that even mean?

After that, I knew that people would definitely be watching me cause some people are fucking weird.

Sure, I was already dating a rich businessman when dating Ian, but he wasn't very much into press conferences or magazine shoots or anything, he preferred being a private person known mostly in the upper echelons of society. Moreover, I was his secret. Not with Jonah.

Oh god, there's a press meet tomorrow. Fuck.

The idea of public speaking made my stomach and back hurt. It wasn't like I couldn't speak at all or got tongue tied, but it was more due to the fact that I constantly felt like I was making a fool out of myself and suddenly became deaf. The only thing I could hear in the moment would be the sound of air.

"That dress is ultramarine blue, sir." An employee stated pulling me out of my thoughts. Kenna looked pissed. She hated being wrong. The employee smiled flirtatiously at Jonah. Jonah smirked at Kenna. "Told you." He said triumphantly. Kenna snorted, "She's only saying that to please you." Jonah's smirk fell and the employee glared at Kenna.

"No, you're just salty." Jonah huffed.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is ultramarine." The woman stated flatly.

"No it's not." Kenna argued.

I looked at Jake with pleading eyes. He sighed and walked to Kenna. "Hey, why don't we use this colour detector app?" He gently placed a hand on a very pissed off Kenna's waist. She relaxed almost immediately. But she still kept glaring at Jonah. Jake quickly snapped a picture of the dress.