21. How do you feel?

The visit to the doctor was interesting

The visit to the doctor was interesting. Jonah hid the cut mark on his neck with his tie and it made me want to die inside. That was wrong on so many levels. Nothing gave me the right to assault him like that. Nothing.

Then he went and hid it. Why did he keep defending me over and over?

Looking at his hand made me want to cry. The skin was a pale pinkish colour and it just looked extremely painful. According to the doctor it was a superficial epidermal burn and could take around 20 days to heal properly. She prescribed an ointment and suggested using cool compress on the area a few times throughout the day.

We didn't go to any restaurant for lunch but instead went straight back to the mansion. Bennett made some lunch for all four of us. Jonah refused to eat and just locked himself in his room. Bennett glared at me as if I was at fault.

Maybe I am.

Jonah refused to even have any snacks. About 5 minutes after Bennett tried to convince Jonah to have some snacks, Simon called me to let me know that Jonah had a lot of work and wouldn't leave his home office, a.k.a his room, for the night.

He couldn't possibly work with that injury. How was he dealing with the pain? The cold compress had to be used as well. At around 11:15 pm I had enough.

This is ridiculous.

Marching upto his room with the tray of food, I banged on his door. "Open the god damn door or I swear to god, I will break it!"

No response.

"Come on. Open the door. At least tell me why you're pissed."

Again, no response.

"Please, at least tell me what I did wrong. I know you're pissed at me for some reason."

Silence.

Sighing I slid against the door and sat with my legs crossed on top of one another, gripping onto the tray before gently placing it on my lap. The pounding in my head and the ache in my stomach only worsened with every passing second. I twisted my wrist over and over trying to distract myself from the dull aches. I hated not knowing what I did wrong. Or if it even had anything to do with me. Having Jonah lock himself up like that, after all he did for my parents and Kenna felt especially wrong. My knees shook as I tried to ignore the gnawing guilt.

Slowly the door opened behind me and I stood up as quickly as I could with the tray. He had changed into a white t-shirt and black sweatpants while I was wearing just the t-shirt I stole from him yesterday. I was going to wash it, but it was just so comfy. I would have tugged at it if I wasn't holding the tray.

"What do you want?" His tone lacked any emotion and it bothered me a lot. That's the way he spoke to his employees and business partners, not with me. Even before our arrangement, he never spoke to me like that. His blue eyes lacked their usual warmth and comfort despite the sudden brighter hue. I'd known his eyes changed colours depending on the lighting, but looking at his now bright blue eyes being dead was uncomfortable.