15. Red really is her colour

Even though I had promised to stay in my lane, it was almost impossible

Even though I had promised to stay in my lane, it was almost impossible. There was something about her that made it so hard for me to stay away. I had always been somewhat attracted to her, even when she was dating Ian. I would feel so guilty about it that I'd try to convince myself that it was because of her facial similarity to Hayley. But I knew it was something else.

Riley was right, we were not an actual couple and we didn't have to act like one when no one was watching. But it was like I couldn't help myself. Initially, it was my guilt that drove me to care for her foot but soon it became a habit for me. She'd stopped protesting too, so I figured she didn't mind. It slowly turned into me unintentionally looking for excuses to touch her and every time she either didn't react at all or just raised an eyebrow. But one thing was consistent, it was always me who was initiating the contact. Never her.

So, when she pushed herself against me and buried her face in my chest, I was both startled as well as worried. I was facing her as we were supposed to resume from where we left. She cursed under her breath as soon as he spoke.

He wasn't supposed to be there. He shouldn't have even known about the reshoot. But even if he found out, he shouldn't have been able to enter the studio.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Kenna sounded ready to kill.

"Oh hi, Kenna."

How does he know Kenna?

"Answer the god damn question." Jake yelled.

"I'm here to talk to my brother....s fiancée."

"No. No. No." Riley kept chanting, pushing herself even closer to me and wrapping her arms around me as if shielding herself from my brother. My hands instinctively wrapped around her as I asked angrily, "Who let you in? No body is allowed inside."

Why is she acting like this? Does she think Daniel will attack her again?

"They can't really say no to the brother of their boss." Daniel replied like it was a fact.

"This is why I should have been at the main gate." I heard Kara mutter from beside us.

"No problem, I'll throw him out." Matt grit out.

"I'll kill him. The fucking audacity of this scumbag." Kenna pretty much growled out like an animal ready to kill. I get it, he attacked Riley but it's not like she didn't defend herself. So, the death threats and the name calling seemed a little over the top.

I wanted to turn around and face Daniel, so that I could tell him to leave but my fiancée absolutely refused to let go of me.

"It's not a big deal. I'm just overdramatic." Her words were muffled but I still heard them.

Was anything a big deal for her?

"Daniel, just leave. I'll talk to you later. We're busy right now." I told my brother hoping I wouldn't have to do anything drastic to remove him from the situation. I could see Jake struggling to hold back Kenna. Kara and Matt seemed agitated too.