23. Much needed cold shower

I was fortunate enough to fall into a dreamless sleep after that horrible nightmare

I was fortunate enough to fall into a dreamless sleep after that horrible nightmare. I woke up to Jonah's arm being tightly wrapped around my waist. It reminded me of my first morning in the mansion.

"Good morning." Jonah's raspy morning voice sent shivers down my spine that went directly to my core.

"Good morning to the both of you." I snickered.

He groaned. "Shut up."

I snickered and he tightened his grip on my waist and pulling me flush against him. A soft moan escaped me as he bit and sucked behind my ear before biting my earlobe. He moved back letting me roll and lay on my back as he hovered above me.

"Someone's in a good mood." I grinned.

"I'm getting married tomorrow. Of course I'm happy. Aren't you?" He looked at me questioningly.

"Yes, I am. Now, stop putting pressure on that hand." I narrowed my eyes at him gently pushing him off.

He laid on his back and huffed. "Did I nag you this much about your foot? No wonder you were annoyed."

"Actually you were worse." I told him climbing on top of him. I wasn't ready to let go of his warmth.

Not yet.

"I like looking at you like this." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"I know you do." I smirked shifting a little.

He didn't say anything but instead grabbed the back of my head with his good hand and pulled me closer.

"No, your breath stinks. Go brush first." I protested causing him to let go and glare at me. "Like your breath smells like roses." He snorted.

"Well, we both need to brush." I replied but made no move to get up. He didn't either and we just kind of stared at each other.

What in the Readpad mush is this?!

Even though my brain was screaming at me to stop acting all mushy gushy with the man below me, my body refused to co-operate.

I knew this would hurt. A lot. Jonah and I couldn't be together. It just wouldn't work. It couldn't. I would always be a replacement.

I probably didn't even like him. All these feelings were nothing but hormones and the need for an emotional support. It was unfair to him.

"I like you."

"Huh?" I blinked at him.

Jonah's cheeks reddened and he looked away. That was one of the things I really liked about him. He wasn't all cocky all the time like the previous guys I had dated. It wasn't like he lacked confidence, so knowing that I could get him all flustered made me feel good.

"I said I--"

"I heard you. My brain was lagging. And well I am likable, so it's okay."

"You and likable? No, you're just delusional."