26. The Guests

"He's here

"He's here." I looked at the door in hearing Kenna's voice.

This is what it had all been building up to.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to face the two women who saved my wedding. "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you two."

"It was our pleasure." Molly smiled.

"I'm just really happy that you trusted with this. You look beautiful, Riley." Meera smiled softly and gently touched my shoulder.

"All thanks to you too."

This time neither of them said anything but instead their smiles got brighter.

The saree and the jewellery weren't the only surprises my fiancé had in store. Turns out he tracked down the only cousin of mine that I actually liked. The only family member I had really wanted to be a part of my wedding. But I hadn't even realised it.

As much as I loved the saree and wanted to wear it, I had no clue how to. So, I called my cousin who just so happened to be the owner of the world's most renowned luxury saree brand, Sinha Textiles.  When I had called him in a panic, he'd confessed. Jonah had wanted to reveal the surprise to me moments before the wedding so that my brother could walk me down the aisle if I wanted.

I guess I was loud enough for his assistant, who was near him to hear it and offer her help. That way, he could see me when I was all dolled up and ready to leave and I would get to see his genuine reaction. Since, his girlfriend, Meera, was around too, she decided to come along with his assistant, Molly. They worked on me while the MUAs worked on Kenna, Erica and Kara.

Molly opened the door, revealing my forgot best friend. "Good you're re-" She cut herself off with a gasp. Her hands covered her mouth and her eyes got teary.

"Uh, Kenna?"

She ran to me and pulled me into a hug. "You look so beautiful. You look like a princess. No, no, a queen. Yes, a beautiful and powerful queen."

I giggled, "Thank you. It's all because of them."

She pulled back and looked at me. She rubbed a teardrop off her cheek and touched her forehead to mine. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

I hoped that she saw the conviction in my eyes. She smiled at me. "Your brother will come get you."

The three of them walked out.

"You becoming his wife doesn't mean I won't pull the trigger."

I turned around and raised an eyebrow at Kara.

"You pull another stunt with your dagger or anything else that risks his life, I will shoot you. I will make sure you feel immeasurable pain." There was no emotion behind those words.