17. Why is she so frustrating?

Jonah ended up telling me the entire story of the movie instead of giving me a brief version

Jonah ended up telling me the entire story of the movie instead of giving me a brief version. I didn't have the heart to stop him. I hated being interrupted and knew how that felt. I already did that to him multiple times, so I didn't feel like interrupting his story. That of course led us to being late.

When I had finally pealed myself off his soft bed, I quickly went to back to the room assigned to me and found a tray of food placed on the table. It was covered neatly. I ignored it and ran into the washroom. Luckily there was no one hiding in the mirror or the corners. Once I was done, I changed into a short dark green dress with a V neckline and short sleeves.

I grabbed the tray and brought it to the living room with me. Jonah was already seated at the couch wearing a black suit and looking handsome as usual. I found myself automatically walking towards him. I placed the tray on the coffee table and took the lid off. I grabbed one of the two sandwiches and held it out for him. It was a little cold but not soggy or anything. I waited for him to take it from my hand but instead he grabbed my elbow holding it steady as he bit into the sandwich while maintaining eye contact with me.

We aren't that close.

Yet I found myself unable to move. Sure, I wasn't romantically interested in him. I doubt that would happen. But I was very much attracted to him and I guess that gave him some sort of power on me because I stood there like a freaking stone statue while he finished the sandwich. His lips touched my fingertips as he pulled the last bite of the sandwich out of my hand.

That's supposed to be gross. The fuck is wrong with me. I have issues.

Snapping out of my stupor, I used my left hand to grab my own sandwich and stuffed it in my mouth not caring if I looked gross. If anything, I wanted to look gross. I wanted him to be disgusted and stop acting like that with me and to preferably avoid me. But it only made him chuckle as Bennett blatantly glared at me. Somehow, Jonah was completely unaware of his butler's death stares.

I ignored the death glares and quickly ran to the kitchen to wash my hands. Once I was done, I made my way to the front door.

"Wait."

I turned around and saw Jonah walking up to me. "I have something for you."

"What?"

He fished a small box out of his pocket and held it to me. "Open it."

Two small white butterflies sat in the middle of the blue velvet box. Gently grabbing the slightly bigger butterfly, I pulled it out of the box. There were two delicate chains attached to it. I held it up and realised it was a layered chain.

"Why?"

"You always wore something around your neck. You seemed to have given up wearing those. Then I realised, you didn't have any of your jewellery beside those two rings and that pair of earrings you wore to the party. You seem to have found earrings somehow, did Kenna give you those?"