𝐌𝐲 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥 | Dendritic Cell × Suicidal! GN! Reader

You're life is worth so much more than you realize...

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

「 𝗥𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝘆 」➔ @-My_Online_Persona-

「 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗿𝗲 」➔ Angst, comfort

「 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 」➔ TW: Suicide & self harm. Major angst

「 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 」➔ Dendritic Cell x Reader

Reader's Notes

• (AN: 7/30/2023) I have rewritten this oneshot because I thought it needed one. Rewritten on 7/29/2023. Published on 7/30/2023.

• This has probably got to be one of the angstiest things I've written in history

• If anyone gets the obvious reference I made in the title. Congrats, you have been raised well! (If you don't get it, I'm kidding. We've all been raised well, PLEASE do not take this note seriously-)

• I'm gonna apologize in advance if this was seemingly offensive to anyone.

• This oneshot is hella sad, beware of angst

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Body is usually a happy, bright, and cheerful place. Always busy with cells of many, each hard at work to keep it safe, healthy, and functional. But today was an unusual day for cells, yet nobody would let a small thing like that get in the way of their career or dedication to The Body...

The sky was a dull, dreary grey. A crisp, mildly cold atmosphere to compliment the cloudy covers which created the gloom. Rainfall had started, as if the sky were crying tears...

Amidst the downpour, screams silenced by death were heard. A lone person stood amidst the fallen loved ones they had always known. Only for the cruelty of the invading bacteria to sweep their lives away. They watched as their dearest friend cried out about having enough of the torture that the vile beasts brought, they wished for death to take them.

The survivor watched as their companion said a final farewell and dropped from the building... Then they stepped to the edge as well.

▬▬▬▬▬▬✰⇨▬▬▬▬▬▬

Your awakening was a startled one. Like all the other times you have woken up since that day. The day your life fell apart...

The thought made you want to never see the light of day again. The dreams haunted you at night, memories that were what remained of each presence you cherished. Which no longer made you smile. It only pushed you deeper into the pits of a thing the neurons called depression. Despite the pleas to seek help from the cells that you once stepped outside to see, you pushed them all away... Believing you were only a burden, another life that would perish one day, just like their lives.

You had concealed yourself in your own home since the tragic deaths of your family and dear friend. Surrounding yourself in darkness, you had no energy to look after yourself or the abode. There was nothing else left for you than to wait for death's arms to take you one day. Except for one thing...