CHAPTER VIII

The Breach

rating: +?? + – x

Site-19, 2024

Petrus Draconis strode toward the control center of Site-19 with unmatched confidence and a smug expression on his face. Soldiers scurried about like the rats they were, getting into position as fast as they could in preparation for the upcoming assault from within. Fools, the Stone Dragon thought. There is nothing you could do that will prepare you for what's coming.

Against containment protocols, the guards at the control center did not budge when Draconis arrived. So he offered them a single warning: "If you value your lives, cretins, you will move aside."

In response, the guards fearlessly cocked their weapons and aimed them at SCP-001. "Stand down, 001," the squad commander ordered. "This is your only warning: return to your cell, or we will open fire."

Draconis raised an eyebrow incredulously. "Are you serious?" he laughed, stepping toward them.

And promptly falling into a photograph that had been resting at his feet.

Draconis merely blinked in surprise as he went tumbling through the air some 5,000 feet above the Grand Canyon. Oh, he thought, realization striking him. Alpha-9. Well, that's simple enough to deal with. He closed his eyes, focusing on his army. Move out, my Accursed, he whispered in their minds. The Foundation has shown us their hand.

SCP-106's eyes flashed with green light, a crooked grin splitting his rotting face.

SCP-049 tensed and straightened up, his eyes turning green as he shambled toward his cell door.

SCP-096 lowered its hands to reveal its blind green eyes, which shone as brilliantly as floodlights.

SCP-173 moved away from its cell's wall, practically glitching to the door as its painted green eyes began to glow.

Within SCP-076-1, SCP-076-2 opened his glowing green eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All throughout Site-19, dangerous anomalies simultaneously exploded from their containment chambers, throwing the facility into chaos. The combat-based members of MTF Alpha-9 ("Last Hope")—Agent Foxx and SCPs 105, 2913, 2099, and 1985—leapt into action, doing their beset to temper the breach and return the escaped anomalies to their cells.

And all the while, Draconis laughed, shifting into his draconic form and spreading his wings as he teleported back into the Foundation site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Able hacked open the cell with his blades, but his actions were not his own. His mouth grinned at the woman within, though he truly wished to scream in rage. His voice spoke, yet the words came from the mind of another.

"Time to go, Avatar."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Koitern moved at lightning speed in the darkness of Site-19, the lights having been disabled by another anomaly. It broke necks with reckless abandon on its way to the cell, where it pounded away at the door until it gave.

"Could you have been a little more subtle?" the magician inside asked sarcastically, walking toward the door as the Koitern moved aside.

"This is no time for jokes, Salvia," a disembodied voice growled, emanating from the Koitern's unmoving, painted-on mouth. "We must move with haste."