Twenty-two

Haein was eating breakfast with Ji Hye outside in the garden area

Haein was eating breakfast with Ji Hye outside in the garden area. Ji Hye was talking to him about her day at work from the day before but she suddenly noticed that he wasn't paying attention. Haein was thinking about what had happened yesterday between him and jisoo. He couldn't stop thinking about their kiss. He was really down bad for her and he knew it. He thought hard upon her words yesterday, since he was fuming over the fact that she wouldn't talk to him with sincerity. He knew that she still loved him because the way she kissed him back was the same as before. Just like how she used to kiss him back then. Nothing had changed.

Suddenly Haein snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Ji Hye slamming the table with her hands.

"You're so rude and inconsiderate Haein!!"

"I'm done with you!" Ji Hye uttered with fury and stood up from her chair to go inside the house. Haein surprised by her action immediately followed her and got the hold of her hand.

"Wait what's wrong??" Haein asked in confusion. Ji Hye chuckled and pulled her hand away from him.

"You really are asking me what is wrong???"

"Unbelievable!!!"

"You...you...ugh I hate you!!! You have done nothing but disparage me!! I have put up with your silly excuses and behaviors but I can't do this anymore!!!" Ji Hye uttered with teary eyes. Haein could see that she was furious and sad at the same time but he just couldn't figure out why.

"Ji Hye please what is the matter??? You asked me to accompany you for breakfast and that's what I did!!! I'm sorry if I was a bit distracted but I have too much going on right now!!" Haein uttered back.

"Really??" Ji Hye scoffed and looked at him with flint eyes.

"I was talking to you this whole time and you didn't pay attention to anything I was saying!! You are so mean to me!! What have I done to you for you to treat me like this. You treat me like I don't deserve any of your attention!!!" Ji Hye uttered .

"You know That's not true!!" Haein voiced back.

"Then why?? Why do you treat me like I'm nothing to you!!???" Ji Hye asked. Haein sighed and quickly turned around to back away a bit from her. He then stood still and looked back at Ji Hye.

"I..I'm sorry!! But it's just so hard for me to pretend!!" Haein exclaimed. Ji Hye opened her eyes widely and stared at him with disbelief.

"So in this marriage you are still pretending?" Ji Hye asked with disappointment in her voice. Haein bit his lower lip and then gave her a small nod. Ji Hye immediately smiled with sadness in her eyes.

"Well I'm not!!"

"I'm not pretending because I do love you!" Ji Hye voiced. Haein already knew that Ji Hye had strong feelings for him but he just couldn't reciprocate the same love to her.